HDHomerun Aspect ratio problem

maegibbons

maegibbons

Hi

I have an HDhomerun CONNECT tuner and a Qbox running Android TV connected to the telly.

Some of the Channels are displaying in the wrong aspect ratio namely 4:3 when they should be displaying in 16:9.

The same channels display fine on my Android phone and Chromecast.  It is just with the Android TV app that the ratio is wrong.

Tell me what i can give you to help and/or is there any way to force aspect ratio?

KR's

Mark.

mastrmind11

Hi

I have an HDhomerun CONNECT tuner and a Qbox running Android TV connected to the telly.

Some of the Channels are displaying in the wrong aspect ratio namely 4:3 when they should be displaying in 16:9.

The same channels display fine on my Android phone and Chromecast.  It is just with the Android TV app that the ratio is wrong.

Tell me what i can give you to help and/or is there any way to force aspect ratio?

KR's

Mark.

Are you on the beta channel?  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42371-nvidia-shield-playing-video-at-43-instead-of-169/

maegibbons

Hi

No I am not @@ebr.  I tried the beta first actually BUT got absolutely no display at all when playing anything.

So i had to revoke membership so i could get stable version which displays ok just some channels wrong aspect.

KR's

Mark

maegibbons

@@maegibbons Can you please go back to the beta and then explain exactly what issue you are having along with logs?  How to Report a Problem

The beta is about to go stable so, if we don't figure out what your issue is, you won't have much recourse :).

Ok - will do.  It will be tomorrow night or Thursday.

Kr's

Mark

maegibbons

@ebr.

Ok i downloaded the beta again and confirm what I found Previously.

When I select any Video media whether it be LiveTV, Movies or Recordings after the title appears at the bottom and spinning circle i get sound and a blank/black screen.

I can bring up the OSD go to i and say yes to Playback issues.  It restarts but still with no video.  Do it again and it come back with "Too many errors"

I will follow your link tomorrow with regards to providing logs etc.

KR's

Mark

maegibbons

Hi @Luke @ebr - not sure where that is.

Anyway here are the logs and a bit more info.  This only happens on transcoded/remux media.  When its direct play with no ffmpeg in the loop the videos show fine.

Hope you get some info from the attached logs.  I will try and turn the debug stuff on the app as well.

KR's

Mark

server-nodisplay.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-2cce11a1-df85-4383-ba80-1400af54a1c2.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-69af5420-4416-4df3-965a-485c520b828e.txt

ffmpeg-remux-a6818daa-6fcf-4ea8-b26d-0aa6ca1e38c4.txt

maegibbons

FYI

It appears that no live tv streams will play directly from the HDhomerum tuner.  Only recorded content that does not need transcoding plays

Basically, anything that needs transcoding results in blank video.

Mark

Can you please go through the process of playing something with the problem and then hitting the "!" button until it ultimately fails and then send a log from the app.  After that, come here and tell me what you played and the name of the Emby user that was logged in.  Thanks.

maegibbons

Hi

Just done it.

Sent logs twice. First was Live TV Channel 3 ITV Dickinsons Real Deal

Second was a Movie. Independance Day Resurgence.

User is emby

KR's

Mark

The first thing to do is set the Audio Mode in the settings to 'Direct'.

Then, for Live TV, also check the boxes to allow using VLC for Live TV and for direct streaming it.

maegibbons

No it is a AMlogic Qbox

Do I have to install vlc seperately?

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Turning on vlc made livetv work ok but movies and recording wont play if transcoded.

maegibbons

@ebr If i switch on direct audio my IPTV streams have no sound.

Edited by maegibbons

maegibbons

Hi @Luke @ebr - any update on this?

The beta is useless for me as is and i will need to revert to stable to continue using emby.

What changed from stable to beta to have caused this issue?

Stable worked ok apart from aspect ratio issues which was the original subject.

KR's

mark

I needed to get the release out to the general public before I could do anything else on this.  Your issue is related to the rare client device and/or server ffmpeg version.

I will try to put up a beta today to see if it will address this for you.

maegibbons

@ebr ok, thank you

ffmpeg is the version that is shipped with 16.04.  I upgraded from 14.04 because I was having problems with version 3.2.1 which was recommended in a link on this board somewhere.

If you want me to try a specific version of ffmpeg which runs on 16.04 please provide a link and i will install.

Obviously the version i am currently running was working ok with previous stable.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

maegibbons

@ebr a quick update.

I have updated to latest beta and confirm that it is better on initial testing - so thank you for your work.

On quick testing when using VLC all SD TV channels work ok from homerun and most IPTV do as well.  When not using VLC screen is still blank.

Most recordings are also playing but aspect ratio on a few are wrong.

Let me play some more over next 24/48 hours to isolate problem areas.

Many Thanks once again

KR's

Mark