Seek in a stream from the API

xsteadfastx

xsteadfastx

im writing a emby mopidy plugin. right now it supports browsing and streaming and a little searching. right now i want to implement a seek function. i use the streaming urls for listening to music like

/Audio/<Id>/stream.mp3

is there a way to seek in this stream with a remote like api endpoint? right now i tried

/Sessions/<sessionId>/Playing/seek?SeekPositionTicks=<tick>

this doesnt work at all. i get this response:

{u'ResponseStatus': {u'ErrorCode': u'NullReferenceException', u'Message': u'Object reference not set to an instance of an object', u'Errors': []}}

any ideas?

To seek, simply start a new stream specifying StartPositionTicks as a parameter.  Or, if you are statically streaming the content, whatever is accepting the stream may be able to seek it.

xsteadfastx

To seek, simply start a new stream specifying StartPositionTicks as a parameter.  Or, if you are statically streaming the content, whatever is accepting the stream may be able to seek it.

this sound way too easy ;-). but the problem is... i cant find a easy way to restart a stream right away if you just want to seek. right now seeking in the stream in mopidy is not working with the emby streaming. the seek function needs to make a api requests or something. too bad...

xsteadfastx

Just in case it matters try adding "?static=true" to your stream url.

unbelievable... this made it work. perfectly. thank you a thousand times!!!