Add "Active Recordings" Section To "Recordings" area

maegibbons

Sorry, I did not get this done today so it may be Monday.  Just didn't want you sitting by your Shield waiting for an update :).

maegibbons

Hi, thanks for letting me know, Been out, just logged in to see if there was news.

I'll tap my fingers till Monday :D

Thanks again.

Krs

Mark

Okay was a bit more complex than I hoped but I think I got it working :).  Try 1.3.26.

The one thing that I know won't work is resuming them.  This is something I think needs to be addressed at the server level.  The app is reporting the position but I think the standard logic on the server side is not saving the resume position due to the fact that there is no duration (or something along those lines).  If we can catch that at the server level then it will work for all apps.

• Like 1

maegibbons

@@ebr

Oh wow. Sounds so great. I will Give it a go.

Can we have a switch in Settings to default to playing channels with seek enabled please?

I appeciate that some will want to direct play whenever.  For me and i bet a lot of others, the ability to pause and seek, especially rewind when you miss a bit, is more important than cpu cycles on the server.  I would prefer to always transcode espcially since the streamcopy seems to add only a small ffmpeg load on server and be ready to always be able to rewind instead of having to remembr to enable it.

Many thanks again for your hard work, it is really appreciated.

Krs

Mark

Can we have a switch in Settings to default to playing channels with seek enabled please?

Doesn't disabling the "Direct Stream Live TV" option already do that?

• Like 1

maegibbons

You tell me.  Does it?  :P   I will try it!!  EDIT a couple mins later - YES IT DOES!!!

I have just tested 1.2.36 on my MI ATV and its awesome to be able to seek on "Active Recordings"!!!  Yey!

Dont know why but the betas for Fire TV seem to take a couple of days to come through here in the UK - ive just got to be patent for that!

Many, many thanks once again

KR's

Mark

maegibbons

You just need to catch up with Luke now and get that nice little "record" button in the OSD so you can easily start to record the program you are watching. :rolleyes:

Krs

Mark

You just need to catch up with Luke now and get that nice little "record" button in the OSD so you can easily start to record the program you are watching. :rolleyes:

Krs

Mark

That's next on the list.

pünktchen

Just as a question: How is seeking within inprogress recordings supposed to work?

Pause, rewind and forward to the position where you've paused the stream. But should one be able to seek forward to the "live" position of a recording when starting playback after an half hour?

maegibbons

Yes - thats how it is meant to work.  Is it not working like that for you?  In limited testing so far it is for me!

Krs

Mark

pünktchen

But should one be able to seek forward to the "live" position of a recording when starting playback after an half hour?

I don't mean seeking after unpause but starting a new playback session!

Is it not working like that for you?

I'm using an external tv service that delivers a http stream, so it's not possible to seek forward right at playback start. But if you say it is working with Emby's internal tv function, then i have to think about how to change my plugin code.

maegibbons

If you start an "Active Recording" then it starts at the beginning.

With the latest changes you can now fast forward or "seek" right up to the live recording position.

Krs

Mark

With in-progress recordings made internally, yes, you can seek to real time.  Below, you can see current playback progress and the real time (current recording) position.  You can seek all the way up to that point.

58d2dd709afbb_inprogressrecording.png

• Like 1

maegibbons

It really is very cool!

And i am talking about the seeking in emby NOT the "Freeze Warning" in @@ebr 's piccy! :)

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

pünktchen

With in-progress recordings made internally, yes, you can seek to real time. Below, you can see current playback progress and the real time (current recording) position. You can seek all the way up to that point.

58d2dd709afbb_inprogressrecording.png

You can give some technical details how Emby is doing this internaly? It just saves the recording as a file and then another ffmpeg process reads from this file or what is happening in the background?

pünktchen

Correct, yes.

Mmh, but some puzzle is missing here.

No matter how i deliver the recording file path to Emby, either by

public Task<IEnumerable<RecordingInfo>> GetRecordingsAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

or by

public Task<MediaSourceInfo> GetRecordingStream(string recordingId, string streamId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

with or without property "IsInfinite", the playback always stops after the timeframe that matches the recording lenght at playback start.

(Because of this, i've created this pull request: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/pull/2443)

Well you can't specify a file path because ffmpeg will see EOF based on current file length. The server currently does not do anything to help plugins work around this because the plugins all have their own embedded web servers.

So what you'll want to do for in progress recordings is return an http url.

pünktchen

So what you'll want to do for in progress recordings is return an http url.

No, i don't want this, but you  <_<

What about my pull request? It doesn't harm anything existing.