Add "Active Recordings" Section To "Recordings" area

maegibbons

maegibbons

Hi

Can You PLEASE add an "Active Recordings" section to the "recordings" area so that we can start playing programs that are still being recorded at that moment.  At the moment you have to wait until it has finished recording to appear in "Recent Recordings"

You already have this on Android Mobile but not on Android TV.  It also needs to be added to Windows Theatre.

KR's

Mark

At the time we did the redesign of this page it wasn't possible to watch in-progress recordings from the app reliably so it was left out.

I will revisit it in the next round of development.  Thanks.

Kramerika

I would second this.  Can active recordings be watched from any point and fast-forwarded to the live point now?  I haven't kept up with this but have been looking forward to that being implemented.

maegibbons

At the time we did the redesign of this page it wasn't possible to watch in-progress recordings from the app reliably so it was left out.

I will revisit it in the next round of development.  Thanks.

Thank you.

Your Live TV stuff is a "plex" killer - Just something they are not doing so getting all the features to enable proper cord cutting is key.

Timeshifting happens very frequently here where we miss the start but want to start watching before it finishes.

Well done!

Krs

Mark

bungee91

Just to add some demand to this request, I am also (im)patiently waiting for this, as well as "trick play" for live tv.

It is the only reason I still need to keep Kodi + SWMC in use at my house for playback on my Shield.

bungee91

Have never installed or attempted to run web apps on the Shield.

I assume this involves installing/side loading Chrome (if it isn't natively; never looked) and navigating to the regular place?

If so, this is also remote friendly?

Nothing to install on the shield. I mean the web app built into emby server. And yes, Chrome or other browser would be needed.

bungee91

I totally understood the web app built into emby server, just didn't know Chrome (or compatible web browser) came installed on the Shield or in the play store for install.

Will give it a go, thanks for the suggestion.

bungee91

Nothing to install on the shield. I mean the web app built into emby server. And yes, Chrome or other browser would be needed.

So for my usage/seconding this request the web app on the Shield is unusable without a keyboard/mouse which I have no desire to use in that environment.

Kodi + SWMC remains my solution until implemented.

I look forward to these features being added to the Emby app for Android Tv/Fire Tv, and will plan on testing once available.

Edited by bungee91

You can enjoy this now using the Emby web app.

Really wish you guys would have implemented "trick play" on Android TV before you did the web app.  I am sure you have your reasons for doing so.  Having "trick play" on the web app is nice, but honestly, when i view Live TV over the web app I find that I am not usually in an environment where I use it.  When I am at home watching Live TV locally on an Android TV device is when I find myself wanting to use it.  Its frustrating not to have it when Emby does everything else so well.  For me, it's an incomplete solution without "trick play" on the devices I use.  If Emby had "trick play" for Android TV it would become a complete solution. I know others have different wants/needs from Emby, but for me and my wants/needs, this is the only thing missing from Emby right now.  I have tried all the other solutions (Kodi, Plex, etc.), I keep coming back to Emby with my one gripe, that "trick play" doesn't work.  Well, except for the web app.

Edited by mit3gt

• 4 weeks later...
maegibbons

Hi

Any indication when we can expect to see the "Active Recordings" section in Android/Fire TV?

How far up the list is it in terms of priorities?

Just really would LOVE to see it!!!

Many thanks

Krs

Mark

I'm resisting putting it there until such time as you can actually start playing them.  I suppose there is some value in them being there just for informational purposes (and, perhaps, to cancel them) but I think people are going to want to play them.

maegibbons

Informational would be a step in the right direction.

However, you are right, we want to play them as well.

Is there an issue with playing them?

They can be cast to the A/F TV from another device so why can they not be natively selected within the App?

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

maegibbons

Informational would be a step in the right direction.

However, you are right, we want to play them as well.

Is there an issue with playing them?

They can be cast to the A/F TV from another device so why can they not be natively selected within the App?

Krs

Mark

@@ebr can you give insight as to why they cannot be played inside the app if they cast ok?

Edited by maegibbons

• 2 weeks later...

Please try with beta 1.3.18.

You can see and play them - but you cannot pause or seek them because we don't have a length.

maegibbons

Fantastic!! Again!

Works great. And the rework on the recorded tv page just makes the whole thing super smooth.

Landing on active a simple cursor down to recorded and no more focus change when schedule is populated.

Just perfect!

Well done!!!

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

• 1 month later...
maegibbons

Hi

@@ebr

Thanks for the Live TV pause and seek features - really cool!!

I thought because you had posted in this thread that seeking would also be possible in "Active Recordings" - However it is still "unable to seek" although it is Trans/I

Can seeking be brought to active recordings now?

Would be great!

Krs

Mark

Can seeking be brought to active recordings now?

I will have to look and see if I can use the same method as I do with Live TV.  Hopefully, I'll get you a version to try it out later today.