Live TV not streaming

kingfenix

krustyreturns

We are thinking.  Nothing else on this machine has access to the tuners other swmc and wmc?

In swmc, go to the live-tv tab and turn off 'pre-start tuners', then restart swmc (actually for good measure just reboot the computer after you do this).  Then restart swmc, then mb3.  Try to start a live stream (with chrome or firefox), then post a link to the full server log here.

kingfenix

nope, nothing else except maybe my channel logos? I had already done that, the log portion you saw was with that pre start turned off....

krustyreturns

I am stumped and I have to go.  The error (0x80070490) makes it sound like something is missing from your windows install.  I will look into more when I get back.

kingfenix

Its a Windows 8.1 with Media Center....I went into control panel - programs and features....clicked windows features and unchecked media file which includes both media center and media player, rebooted, then went back and turned it back on, then rebooted again....and still same thing....wouldnt that basically reinstall WMC? anyone?

scarecrow420

It's strange that the 2 times we've encountered this are both when mb3 is involved. Nobody on our XBMC side has reported this to date...

I'm personally running ServerWMC on win 8.1 (previously 8) and win 7

I do not have mb3 yet though, I wonder if that is a contributing factor

Interested to know if sfc picks up anything... Would also be interested in a fresh windows install if you are able to (sorry I know that sucks). If you did reinstall, try ServerWMC with XBMC first, then add mb3 after, to isolate that step

You could try and uninstall/reinstall your TV tuners/drivers as that is the point the error occurs

kingfenix

sfc found some things and fixed them....

live tv working through xbox 360 extenders via wmc.....

trying to avoid complete reinstall, but I did just truly remove wmc and reinstall it (had to reconfigure all my extenders crap)

results coming soon....

krustyreturns

Look in for c:\windows\ehome\ehiproxy.dll

is it there?  If so look at its properties and tell me the version number.

AgileHumor

Works great in Chrome (got a tuner error in IE).  Only can watch non-cablecard channels (ClearQAM).  I have HaugePauge for ClearQAM and InfinitTV ETH 6 for Cablecard.

I had trouble and found out that as it was mentioned in prior posts there is issues with some browsers I have downloaded new serverwmc 1118 and 5135 mediabrowser and downloaded firefox. It works in firefox however in ie you get this error Video Error There was an error playing the video. Please ensure there is an open tuner available. In the preview window it says invalid source.

These are the logs using IE on a remote pc.

http://pastebin.com/DJqeRzLq

http://pastebin.com/NRJvFd0E

http://pastebin.com/b5eXWbVE

krustyreturns

Works great in Chrome (got a tuner error in IE).  Only can watch non-cablecard channels (ClearQAM).  I have HaugePauge for ClearQAM and InfinitTV ETH 6 for Cablecard.

what is the error you get for cable card channels?  see the serverwmc log.

AgileHumor

this is supposed to work with cable card channels right?

Negative, 

For most CableCard setups, no.   But if you have a cablecard provider (like Verizon FIOS) that only protects premium channels (like HBO), yes.

I know TimeWarner protects 100% of channels (except ClearQAM basic channels).  Don't know about Cox.

Edited by AgileHumor

kingfenix

so ehiProxy.RecorderMgrClass.FindRecordByID fails with "Element not found" when trying to find this guid {978d441d-85aa-4321-bf6a-a6dea43a9f34}

hmmmmm

Edited by kingfenix

kingfenix

Krusty is AgileHumor right? all my channels are from Cox CableCard, and plays through WMC and xbox extenders, tuners in the server ceton infinitv 4 and also using a tuning adapter.

Is that why I get these errors when trying to view? cause its CableCard?

Edited by kingfenix