Two Questions - Offline Connect and Reverse Proxy Support

Magic815

Magic815

Hi all,

So I had two questions regarding Emby Theater on Windows.

1. Is there a way to connect to Emby Theater in a sort of offline mode?

Let me explain: I have Emby Server running on a Windows desktop at home. I also have Emby Theater installed on a Windows laptop that I take with me for travel. What I would love to do is while I am on my home network, send/sync/download files to my laptop that I would like to watch in an offline mode. And then when I was on a plane with my laptop, I could log into Emby Theater in an offline mode, and watch any files that happened to have local copies made. So far the closest I've found is using "download," but that just allows me to get to it via boring Windows explorer, and doesn't involve me going through Emby Theater to watch it. What's also weird is it looks like I can "sync" files to my android phone. Would there be a way to sync files to a Windows laptop in the same manner?

2. Is there a way to connect to a reverse proxied Emby server through Emby Theater (when I am on wifi)?

I already made this thread concerning this question, but in regards to trying to do it on my android smartphone. Now, I've got a Windows laptop as an Emby client, and having the same issue. Please see here for my thread regarding the android app having the same problem: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/41375-android-emby-app-cant-connect-remotely-to-my-reverse-proxy-of-emby/

But basically, I am able to connect to my emby server by going to: https://[mydyndns]:10443/emby in a web browser, and it works just fine. But what I'd like to do is get that server manually connected to Emby Theater, but I don't see how I can fill out the URL and Port fields to tell it the above. Thoughts?

Hi, for #1, this is planned for the future.

For #2, you can manually add a server just like in android. during the connection process on the server list screen just click add server. then you'll have a chance to enter the information manually.