Emby music playback stops when screensaver starts

ShoutingMan
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

ShoutingMan

I was hoping to use Emby to play music on my AppleTV, so I don't have to leave iTunes running on my media server. But Emby stops playing music when the AppleTV screen saver starts. It also stops playback when leaving the app screen to go to the Apple menu screen. It shouldn't do this. Other music apps continue playing after screen saver starts and while navigating outside the app.

If these are known, intentional limitations of Emby, hopefully they're on an upgrade path. Until then I can use iTunes or Plex / Plex Server for music.

(Also, Emby app doesn't appear to support playback of genre or playlists, which are killers as well, even if it didn't stop playing music after 10 mintues.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing this too, as I assume any one else is that's tried playing music for any length of time. I've tried disabling the screensaver during Music and Podcasts (set to "No"), but this has no effect. I was hoping to see some response, other than my own.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say thanks for the latest Apple TV update that fixed this issue. We use the Apple TV app a lot because it's so convenient, and are very happy with it.

• Like 1