High Memory usage

mediacowboy

revengineer

Next build should resolve it, thanks.

Good to hear. Just checked my server after 3 weeks and noticed 4 gigs used by emby. 

• 2 weeks later...
mediacowboy

Okay so I came home today to find my 16GB memory being consumed by both the stable server, 3.0.8500.0, and the dev server, 3.1.6190.31910. Attached are logs for both. 

585098c9d37cf_Stable.png

That is the memory usage of the stable server I didn't know until after I shutdown the dev server that it was the one using 8 gb. Both are still high IMO.

Dev.txt

Stable.txt

revengineer

Try removing plugins and see if the issue persists with the core server

Confused, I thought this was stated as resolved above.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Confused, I thought this was stated as resolved above.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like it was resolved for you but others still needed some help.

mediacowboy

@@Luke, I was able to uninstall all plugins and still have a issue. Attached our logs. Dev server 3.1.6193.27714

585604f69d8b3_Embymemory.png

I know I rebooted this server this morning and then I spent the day in bed so whatever is going on has nothing to do with users.

Dev.txt

Edited by mediacowboy

revengineer

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like it was resolved for you but others still needed some help.

To clarify, I cannot confirm whether this issue has been resolved for me because I am on the stable release channel and nothing has been resolved since v3.0.8500. I see that v3.1.0 stable has appeared on github and I assume it will show as an update soon. My hopes are not too high though given mediacowboy's post above.

mediacowboy

@@Luke the logs show you anything or do I need to enable debug?

Also do I need to stay on one dev server to help troubleshoot or keep updating to see if it gets fixed?

Edited by mediacowboy

mediacowboy

Yes I have two servers running on the same machine. One is a stable full version. One is the dev portable.

The issue originally started with just the stable but as the wife gets made when I start and stop it a lot. I decide to see if the dev did the same.

I have turned off the dev server and restarted the stable to see if it makes a difference.

Edited by mediacowboy

This has to be some edge something because I have a machine that has been running the stable build for months and is only using ~500MB of memory.  My dev server is only using 250 but it restarts quite often.

mediacowboy

Windows 7 Pro x64. I do not have nor want the edge browser. I did notice another thread where leaving the webpage up can spike the memory usage. Trying that now. I use Google Chrome v 55.0.2883.87.

Edited by mediacowboy

Sorry, by "edge" issue I meant something very rare related to a certain combination of factors - not the browser :).

• 2 weeks later...
mediacowboy

Okay so after turning off the dev server memory has gone back to a reasonable amount. Like 1.5 gigs last I looked when importing a bunch of new content.

I would like to turn the dev back on but have a question. I had both servers looking at the same media location. Could that be the cause of the high memory?

When one server makes a change the other reads it and changes it and a game of cat and mouse begin.

Happy2Play

Okay so after turning off the dev server memory has gone back to a reasonable amount. Like 1.5 gigs last I looked when importing a bunch of new content.

I would like to turn the dev back on but have a question. I had both servers looking at the same media location. Could that be the cause of the high memory?

When one server makes a change the other reads it and changes it and a game of cat and mouse begin.

If both servers are touching metadata then yes.

mediacowboy

Thanks @@Happy2Play. I will either have to buy new drives and just put some stuff on that or wait until I can build a dedicated server for emby and keep some drives in my main machine for testing.

Edited by mediacowboy

mediacowboy

@@ebr, is that the only setting I need to worry about? For now I am disabling the top 3 options. Since the stable version does them as well.

post-348-0-98143300-1483074970_thumb.png

Edited by mediacowboy

PenkethBoy

Having two servers on the same pc is unlikely to be the issue - i have the same with no memory issues

Stable 3.1.2.0 and Dev 3.1.6206.5924 - using 200meg and 600meg respectively

mediacowboy

Having two servers on the same pc is unlikely to be the issue - i have the same with no memory issues

Stable 3.1.2.0 and Dev 3.1.6206.5924 - using 200meg and 600meg respectively

Same library settings on both or different?

@@ebr, is that the only setting I need to worry about? For now I am disabling the top 3 options. Since the stable version does them as well.

attachicon.gifLibrary Settings.PNG

That should be fine.  I run two servers pointing at the same library by disabling those options on my dev box and just letting the production one do all the work.