Problems with paths Emby is putting into the metadata manager

bozrdnag

bozrdnag

OK.  I think I've tracked down a bug in Emby.  If I set the path substitutions in my All Movies and All TV Shows libraries correctly then everything works fine.  It seems that every library in the metadata manager that contains the same paths as All Movies or All TV Shows is affected by whatever path substitution I create in those libraries.  Regardless of what path substitution I set in either the Movies or TV Shows libraries, Emby ignores it and uses whatever is set in the All Movies and All TV Shows library even to the point that if there is no path substitution set in All Movies or All TV Shows it will ignore any path substitution that is set in my Movies or TV Shows library.  I hope that all makes sense.

Obviously, I'm not sure why.  Maybe Emby is just defaulting all common paths to whatever is set as the first library alphabetically.  Any thoughts?

Edited by bozrdnag
  • Like 1

Library-based settings are tricky when we allow you to use the same folder multiple times in multiple libraries. So what happens in this situation? Which settings should be used? If the same folder appears in multiple libraries then the best thing to do is make sure the same settings are applied in all of them.