Problems with paths Emby is putting into the metadata manager

bozrdnag

bozrdnag

I have two libraries; Movies and TV shows and here is how they are setup:

31025477892_aec1469626.jpgUntitled by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

31035298462_79709a4c5c_b.jpgUntitled by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

The problem I am having is that the path showing for movies in the metadata manager is different:

30801665770_d5c9d5edfe_b.jpgUntitled2 by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

For one, I'm not sure why it's showing 192.168.1.42 rather than /mnt in the path.  It has been suggested that it's because of the Path Substitution I am using, but if I change it to something else the paths in the metadata manager don't change along with my edit.

But the big issue is the that the slashes are sometimes reversed in the path listed in the metadata manger.  You can see from my first 2 pics that the Path Substitution is using \\192.168.1.42\ but the 3rd pic shows the metadata manager listing //192.168.1.42/.  For some reason I am only seeing this with my movies.  All the TV episodes I checked have the slashes going the right way.  The reversed slashes are causing me problems in Emby for Kodi as any video with the wrong slash will not play and throws an error.

bozrdnag

OK,but why is it reversing the slashes sometimes?

And if I want to change the path substitution, how do I get he change to be reflected in the Metadata manager?

bozrdnag

Where do I check that at? I never had anything configured under the old Path Substitution. I just configured for the first time with the new Shared Network Folder field.

Happy2Play

Check " <PathSubstitutions>" in your system.xml  (\Emby-Server\config)

bozrdnag

Yes.  As I said in the first post, the slashes are reversed on a lot of my videos and every file that's like that won't play with Emby for Kodi.

• Like 1

Logos302

The only one that should matter is the first two everything else slash wise are interchangeable (for the most part).  This doesn't help you other that the error is in the first two slashes they are pointed in the wrong direction.  Which does look like a bug to me.. Do you have an example of what your TV sub look like? Just to compare.

bozrdnag

It is showing your path after path substitution.

Then what needs to be done to refresh the paths.  Because I can go and change the path substitution and the metadata manager shows the same old path.  I've even tried removing the path substitution and the path doesn't change in the metadata manager.  Rebooting the server doesn't do it either

All it shows in there is:

<PathSubstitutions />

Nothing else there.

Is that the way it should read in the system.xml?

Edited by bozrdnag

Happy2Play

Yes ^^

The New way writes to Library folder "\Emby-Server\root\default\Movies\options.xml".  Is it written wrong there?

bozrdnag

It is written correctly in "\Emby-Server\root\default\Movies\options.xml".  What makes the actual paths update with any changes because that's not happening.  I can change the path substitution to anything and the the paths stay exactly as I showed in my original post.  I was hoping that making I could change them to something wrong and then change them back to the correct to sort of "refresh" the paths but nothing changes them.

Edited by bozrdnag

Happy2Play

I guess I mean folder paths since this is one library.  So are DVD, Blu-Rays, HD Rips, ... doing the same thing.

bozrdnag

I just tried removing the entire Movies library, then ran a Clean Library, recreated the Movie library adn let it scan, and it still has the slashes reversed.

bozrdnag

Also, nobody has answered this question yet... What mechanism causes the paths to be updated to the entry in the Shared Network Folder Field.  I also did the above with my TV shows but when I recreated the library I left the Shared Network Folder field empty.  Once scanning was complete I went in and added \\192.168.1.42\... and the paths in the metadata manager still show /mnt/...  How can I force an update?

Happy2Play

For me on Windows the change in instant.  If I fill in "(Optional) Shared network folder:" information, that is what is displayed in path.  If I remove it, then Physical folder path is displayed.

Since you are not using Windows is there a issue with your version?

bozrdnag

If I change that nothing changes.  Apparently it did once, but now that I'm looking for it, nothing changes.

I have no idea if there's a problem with my version.  I would assume so since it sure doesn't seem to be acting right.  I was hoping you guys could tell me that.  I know my Emby is from the official Emby Docker repo.

Edited by bozrdnag

bozrdnag

Something just dawned on me and I am wondering if it's at least part of the problem.  I share my videos with friends and family via Emby and they want some stuff that I don't like and don't want in my library.  In an attempt to simplify things for them and make it so they only have one movie folder on their Roku home screen I created 2 libraries: Movies (for me) and All Movies (for them).  Their library contains all the same paths as mine and includes an additional one that contains all the movies they like but I don't want.

Here's how I have them set up:

Movies

/mnt/Videos/Movies/Blu-Ray

/mnt/Videos/Movies/Blu-Ray Atmos

/mnt/Videos/Movies/DVD

/mnt/Videos/Movies/HD Rips

All Movies

/mnt/Videos/Movies/Blu-Ray

/mnt/Videos/Movies/Blu-Ray Atmos

/mnt/Videos/Movies/DVD

/mnt/Videos/Movies/HD Rips

/mnt/Videos/Movies/Outside Movies

I just realized that in the beginning of all this I accidentally started setting up the path substitution on the All Movies library and missed typed with the wrong slashes. So that must have been where it was getting the path with the backwards slashes for the movies.  I have now deleted those path substitutions and my paths immediately switched to /mnt/Videos/Movies/Blu-Ray/300/300.mkv in the metadata manager.  The problem is that I still have path substitutions set as \\192.168.1.42\Videos\Movies\Blu-Ray in the Movies library.  Why didn't they switch to that?

So now my question is... is that an incorrect way to setup my libraries and it's confusing Emby?
Edited by bozrdnag