Reinstall with old libraries

zebo51

So my HTPC crashed several weeks ago.  Finally got a new machine.  I didn't have a backup but was able to still copy off my old mediabrowser-server folders.

I decided not to restore anything and just do everything fresh.  This is on a Windows 10 machine.  I installed Emby and added my old library folders back in.  All my directories already had images etc downloaded in them.  Some used nfo and other are really old using json etc.  It seemed fine for awhile but kept freezing when I was trying to go mark most of my content as played.  

So I restarted it a couple times.  Now no images are showing and metadata manager shows all images are missing.  Below is an example error from my log file, but the folder.jpg does actually exists.

2016-11-21 17:37:39.8927 Error ImageProcessor: Error encoding image
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.8500.0
    Command line: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Program data path: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    UnableToOpenBlob `\Movies (BluRay)\Air (2015)\folder.jpg': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2701
    ImageMagickSharp.WandException
     at ImageMagickSharp.WandCore`1.CheckErrorBool(Int32 status)
     at ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand.OpenImage(String path)
     at ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand..ctor(String path)
     at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.ImageMagickEncoder.EncodeImage(String inputPath, String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 quality, ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat)
     at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.<ProcessImage>d__27.MoveNext()

This particular folder has 3 backdrop images, folder, thumb etc already there and viewable.

I have tried a few library scans and a clean.

My movies are around 700 total.  My old machine never had any issues filtering and sorting and this machine is 6 years newer and shouldn't have any issues either.  Media is on a Netgear NAS as it was with the old HTPC.

Please help me fix this.

Thanks

Are these local drives or network paths?  If network I would start by making sure the network connection is solid and that you are using UNC paths instead of mapped drives.  Then also maybe run some disc diagnostics.

Are these local drives or network paths?  If network I would start by making sure the network connection is solid and that you are using UNC paths instead of mapped drives.  Then also maybe run some disc diagnostics.

This morning the images were showing again.  So something over night resolved itself.  Once I started trying to view mass lists and using filtering it started locking up or just giving me the spinning circle.  I looked at the error logs again and I saw some errors of it not finding cover art and creating it.  So I removed the cover art plugin and now everything seems a lot faster and working.  Never had problems with cover art before though.

Network is solid, low latency <1ms pings and 1Gb connections.  I'm am using mapped drives though.  If UNC is the preferred method I can switch to that. 

Thanks

UNC would be more reliable.

Also CoverArt isn't really a problem either it is just that you now have a ton of new stuff so it needs to do its thing with all those images.  Once that is done, things will return to normal.

UNC would be more reliable.

Also CoverArt isn't really a problem either it is just that you now have a ton of new stuff so it needs to do its thing with all those images.  Once that is done, things will return to normal.

I would have to go back and look, but doesn't cover art create its images on the fly?  I think it said it doesn't touch original images.  So are they still created and cached somewhere?  If not, then not sure how it would ever get better.  When I first put a fresh install of emby back on and added my library folders, I let it sit for a good 24hrs to do all its scanning etc.

If it does cache images, then at some point I will have to view all in my list for it to be fast and work correctly I would think.

Yes, images are cached on both the server and client apps.  So, if nothing related to the treatment of the image changes then the processing only happens on initial viewing.  The library scan will have no effect.