Recent build - lost audio

warwon

steelman1991

No that's the whole purpose of using Reclock to obtain bit-perfect WASAPI audio. The only thing you don't get is the little 'Dolby or DTS' symbols lighting up on your receiver.

AVTechMan

Ah okay, I will give ReClock a try. Doesn't matter about the 'lights' on the receiver that much, whether its multichannel or direct bitstream as long as I get the audio that's meant to be heard. 

babgvant

Where would I download this patch?

As to the workaround, I don't understand exactly how to do this, diabling the bitstream, configure for 5.1 speaker setup does not give me 5.1 pcm, but rather stereo pcm.

You'd have to build MBT yourself to get the patch.

You don't need to use Reclock to get multi-channel PCM out. Just go to the "Sound" control panel config and configure your speaker setup correctly. PCM audio will get touched by the Windows Mixer though so a WASAPI renderer is a better option (bit perfect and proper channel matching) long term, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Confirmed last night build or whenever it was fixed bit streaming and is working fine. Haven't tried a dts-hd source yet

Ultima Dragon since 1997

Bitstreaming is working for me,just played a DTS source via HDMi option and all good.

The only problem is when you select the option in video player it doesn't stick,so when you restart MBT you have to select the option that you want (HDMI or SPDIF) again.

But other than that as I said all working good.

babgvant

Can you check you system.xml to see if the value is persisted after changing and exiting the config page? I can't reproduce that issue here.

AVTechMan

I can verify that TrueHD and DTS-MA bitstreams now, but regular DD still doesn't bitstream unfortunately for the DVD movies. 

babgvant

You can't bitstream TrueHD and not bitstream DD w/ LAV. You have to enable the base format for the HBR version of the same type to work. Are you sure you selected the correct audio track for the DVD?

AVTechMan

You can't bitstream TrueHD and not bitstream DD w/ LAV. You have to enable the base format for the HBR version of the same type to work. Are you sure you selected the correct audio track for the DVD?

I'm sure. The DVD files bitstream the DD just fine using just MPC-HC in MBC w/LAV. All of the formats have been checked in the LAV settings for bitstreaming in MBT. Now If I turn off bitstreaming in MBT then the audio in the file plays fine via internal decoding. I'll work with it again a bit later. All of the files are MKV.

babgvant

Please enable debug logging then play a DVD with an AC3 track and search the log for "bitstreaming:" (no quotes when you search). MB will enumerate all of the bitstreaming formats and their status.

AVTechMan

Ok I will work on that.

Edit--forgot to ask, how do you access the debug log for MBT?

Edit II: Now this is weird...I took MBT out of full screen and have it windowed, and now the DD is bitstreaming  :huh:. When I go back to fullscreen it doesn't bitstream (no audio). This is odd indeed.....

Okay, when I move back and forth in the file, it looks the DD bitstream eventually catches. It seems that it takes a good moment for my AVR to switch to the bitstream, otherwise it doesn't play any audio. I'm going to have to work on this one, but I still need to know how to access the debug log. 

Edited by AVTechMan

babgvant

I'm not sure where the log is written when you do a normal installation (I've only run it from my git repro), but the logs are stored in "MBTFOLDER\ProgramData\logs" and named theater-somenumber.log so if they aren't in the MBT folder, maybe search the real ProgramData for "theater-".

I am having the same issue here. Media Browser Theater version 3.0.5129.37166 is currently installed.

Movies with DTS Surround will play without problems - it is recognized by my Denon AMP via HDMI from my Graphic Card. Some movies which only have AC3 (5.1) will show only Stereo in the AMP. Bitstreaming in MBT is activated. Weird is - when I run the same movie with Windows Media Player, then my AMP display Dolby Digital in the display.

In the Theater-xxxxxx.log File I found the following entry for this issue. (This series has AC3 according to the File Information and it is also displayed as 5.1 in MBT)

2014-02-05 20:16:31.9355, Info, DirectShowPlayer, Playing The High Road. Reclock: False, Madvr: False, xySubFilter: False
2014-02-05 20:16:31.9355, Info, DirectShowPlayer, Playing Path N:\Series Old\Person of Interest\Season 2\Person Of Interest - S02E06 - The High Road.mkv
2014-02-05 20:16:32.1211, Error, DirectShowPlayer, Error adding LAV Audio filter
    Unspecified error

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
       at DirectShowLib.DsError.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 hr)
       at MediaBrowser.Theater.DirectShow.DirectShowPlayer.RenderStreams(IBaseFilter pSource, Boolean enableReclock, Boolean enableMadvr, Boolean enableMadvrExclusiveMode, Boolean enableXySubFilter)

Playing a file where I can use DTS Surround - the following information is in the Log File. (This series has DTS according to the File Information and it is also displayed as 5.1 in MBT)

2014-02-05 20:34:34.1053, Info, DirectShowPlayer, Playing Broken Bow (1), Broken Bow (2). Reclock: False, Madvr: False, xySubFilter: False
2014-02-05 20:34:34.1053, Info, DirectShowPlayer, Playing Path M:\Series New\Star Trek - Enterprise\Season 1\Star Trek, Enterprise - S01E01-E02 - Broken Bow (1), Broken Bow (2).mkv
2014-02-05 20:34:34.1733, Error, DirectShowPlayer, Error adding LAV Audio filter
    Unspecified error

at MediaBrowser.Theater.DirectShow.DirectShowPlayer.RenderStreams(IBaseFilter pSource, Boolean enableReclock, Boolean enableMadvr, Boolean enableMadvrExclusiveMode, Boolean enableXySubFilter)

babgvant

2014-02-05 20:16:32.1211, Error, DirectShowPlayer, Error adding LAV Audio filter

Unspecified error

Something has gone wrong with adding or configuring LAV Audio. I will add some debug logging to figure out what.

In the meantime you can 1) enable debug logging (if it's not already) 2) make sure you have a recent version of LAV Audio installed.

I have updated to LAV Version 0.60.1 already (previously used LAV Version 0.59.1) till now. The Debug Modus is already activated but the file is rather large. What I notice when I played the same file as above is that the LAV Splitter does not shown up in the Task compared to before. LAV Audio and LAV Video Splitter not show up at all there. I do get the same message when playing the file as above - in MBT it shows Stereo. in Windows Media Player, the same file started it shows Dolby Digital in the AMP Display. Anything else what you need to know, please feel free to let me know.

babgvant

Any update until now? Not want to push - but at least like to ask and pay attention. Thanks

I added logging so it will tell me where the problem is coming from, but you need to generate a debug log (and share it) for that to be useful.

With the latest Version 3.0.5143.14952 it seems working again. I can play on the same movies / series as a couple of weeks ago now Dolby Digital and DTS too.