Recent build - lost audio

warwon

Since the last update for MBT I am at a lost.

There is now an option for bit streaming, and my LAV is still set as before. However now all my audio is getting dumped to either stereo or pcm (can't really tell). The receiver I have does decode all this and works fine in the past for XBMC and Plex. Before this update all audio minus DTS-HD was fine, now I can't even get a dts track to decode correctly?

What has changed and anyone else having this issue?

babgvant

Since the last update for MBT I am at a lost.

There is now an option for bit streaming, and my LAV is still set as before. However now all my audio is getting dumped to either stereo or pcm (can't really tell). The receiver I have does decode all this and works fine in the past for XBMC and Plex. Before this update all audio minus DTS-HD was fine, now I can't even get a dts track to decode correctly?

What has changed and anyone else having this issue?

1. How do you have it setup in MB (bitstreaming/decode)?
  2. What connector are you using (HDMI/SPDIF/analog)?

To clarify, what formats can your AVR decode?

The bit streaming option is checked, I have tried it unchecked, and checked. With restarting the applicaiton each time.

Like I said it worked fine before using LAV, now even with the bit streaming uncheck or checked I don't get the proper source now.

I am using HDMI from my video card to my av reciver. I tried a dts track, a dobly digital track, and a pcm track last night without success. They are all 5.1

babgvant

What does "without success" and "proper source" mean? They don't play, it plays as stereo, PCM multi-channel?

I don't have a dev box hooked up to my TV so if you can be explicit about the behavior your seeing it will help sort this out sooner.

Basically my receiver will display what the audio source is either it be dts or dts-had or dobly 5.1. It supports almost major formats.

After yesterday the audio channels coming only from media browser theatre appears to be stereo.

The receiver displays neo6, which is my backup to change stereo into fake 5.1.

I checked the classic media browser before I left and she was out putting audio correctly

Ultima Dragon since 1997

Deihmos

My phone wrote that in my pocket. I thought I canceled that post.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks for jumping in Andy.

I'm starting to see more and more names from ye olde TGB these days, great!

babgvant

I had the wife checked, and yes I was wrong on one part. DTS streams are working correct, nothing else is

That's consistent with the issue I found (AC3 was not being enabled, and formats cascade by type, so...).

babgvant

Strangely enough, the systray icons for both LAV audio and LAV video have dissapeared, but there now is a Vobsub icon.

When I right click this icon and select LAV audio, the configuration screen pops up showing both the systray checkbox unchecked as well as the AC3 bitstreaming option unchecked.

Something in the last build is somehow overiding the setting in the config.

Relying on the LAV to be setup correctly by users works for tinkerers, but sucks for normals. The idea is to get all the important stuff configurable in the 10' GUI and use it to drive the runtime configuration of LAV and madVR so long term MB can be isolated from people setting up their PCs wrong.

Obviously there will be some pain until all the important bits get exposed inside of MB, but hopefully that doesn't take too long.

Yea I agree with Andy. We have an app that plays media, it would make sense to be able to configure how it plays within the app. That means you might have to configure some settings in MBT that you already have set in LAV. You'll get over it. You guys aren't the ones who have to answer the questions of why things won't play, and we want to make those questions go away.

• Like 1

Deihmos

I need to give MBT a try. Are you the same person that developed Dvrmstoolbox and dtbaddin

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by Deihmos

Latchmor

I need to give MBT a try. Is (^o^) no _n(^_-) ; (^_-) nn(^_-) n ZO:-) zO:-) nO:-) zO:-) z Zzzthe same person that developed Dvrmstoolbox and dtbaddin? Adadmwww M(^_-) Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Eh... yes?

:)

I have a similar problem.

I say similar, because I am able to get DTS to bitstream correctly, however DD 5.1 is sent as PCM stereo.

What I found sofar, is that although I have configured MBT to enable bitstream and checked the audio configuration to include all formats for bitstreaming, once I play a movie in DD 5.1 i.e. AC3, the receiver tells me it is getting a PCM source.

Strangely enough, the systray icons for both LAV audio and LAV video have dissapeared, but there now is a Vobsub icon.

When I right click this icon and select LAV audio, the configuration screen pops up showing both the systray checkbox unchecked as well as the AC3 bitstreaming option unchecked.

Something in the last build is somehow overiding the setting in the config.

Hope this helps to find a solution quickly.

My two cents, greets, Ernst

edit: This is part of the log file:

2014-01-23 20:14:11.0309, Info, DirectShowPlayer, Playing Path \\ERNST-PC\Media2\Movies\Gravity (2013)\Gravity (2013).mkv
2014-01-23 20:14:11.2620, Error, DirectShowPlayer, Error adding LAV Audio filter

Edited by Ernst

I welcome the idea of having all important settings inside MBT.

Doesn't this mean that wenever LAV filters is updated the MBT GUI needs updating too?

@@Luke, I agree that questions will be less with MBT controlling settings as long as the possibilities of these settings are in line with the L|AV filters version installed. I guess the current issue is that the settings haven't been fully incorporated/controlable within MBT and we will have to be patient for this to be corrected in a new release?

If so, is there a workaround (some hidden configuration or whatever) so we can have AC3 bitstreaming enabled as a temporary solution?

babgvant

Settings in LAV aren't version dependant. It's possible that Nevcairiel could change the interface in some way that would break compatibility, but that's not usually how these sorts of things work (it defeats the purpose of publishing a public interface).

What settings do you change from the defaults that you would like exposed through MB's UI?

The bitstreaming issue cannot be worked around currently, but a patch was submitted that addresses it and exposes the setting in a smarter way (there are three now: None/SPDIF/HDMI).

That said, disabling bitstreaming and configuring your speaker setup correctly will produce the same general effect (i.e. multi-channel audio through the AVR), which should be a viable alternative in the short term.

Where would I download this patch?

As to the workaround, I don't understand exactly how to do this, diabling the bitstream, configure for 5.1 speaker setup does not give me 5.1 pcm, but rather stereo pcm.

steelman1991

Ernst - you would have to install and enable Reclock - to ensure WASAPI output (literally bypassing the Windows Audio Engine). You are getting 2.0 channel because your Windows Sound settings will be set to that.

Since we've confirmed the issue please wait patiently for the next build. Let's not tie up Andy when he has limited time to begin with

AVTechMan

Ernst - you would have to install and enable Reclock - to ensure WASAPI output (literally bypassing the Windows Audio Engine). You are getting 2.0 channel because your Windows Sound settings will be set to that.

Wouldn't Reclock affect the audio quality though? Using WASAPI would be definitely ideal to bypass the windows sound mixer. I've also noticed that all of my DTS sources play fine while the Dolby sources revert to stereo or no audio.