actors duplicates

CharleyVarrick
Go to solution Solved by CharleyVarrick,

CharleyVarrick

Sorry in advanced if this has been brought up already, I guess I did not find the proper key words...

In Kodi, I was browsing TV SHOWS/Actors when I noticed some appearing more than once, but followed with (Season x), eg:

Zachary Quinto

Zachary Quinto (Season 1)

If I select the later, it points me to American Horror Story season1

When I go in Emby/media/tv shows/American Horror Story and scroll down, I see the actor entry displayed with "Season 1".

What's causing this, is it Kodi, Emby, some scraper ?

Thanks!

Angelblue05

If I had to guess, Emby? Check the same entry in the webclient and see what the list of actors look like. We simply take the list of actors/roles returned by Emby and add it to Kodi. If there's duplicates, then they most probably also exist in Emby.

I've not seen this issue I think. If it does turn out there's duplicates, I suggest you post in the server forums so the right people can help you with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Solution
CharleyVarrick

It seems someone at tvdb.com jumped through hoops in creating those actor names (season x) because of some limitations on their website. Problem is it screws-up an otherwise perfectly fine actors list.

As far as I can tell, only 2 of my 400 tv series are affected by this:

American Crime

American Horror Story

Edited by jlr19
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
CharleyVarrick

Good news,

tvDB seemed to have cleaned up their act regarding this mess.

Actor names (season#) are not coming up anymore on emby server side.

To fix it on Kodi's side, from recent experience, we have to delete related nfo's (and make sure episodes are re-scrapped)

Edit:

After verification over at TVDB, they deleted not only the names with season# attached, but all Cast from those show, and left only Crew (director and writer)

That's being between a rock and a hard place: either we keep goofy actor names with season#, or lose all of those show's actors if we re-scrape

Edited by jlr19