EventGhost & Emby Server + (IFTTT) Plug-in?

julianb

julianb

Is it possible to make Eventghost log an event for Emby? Like "Movie is playing on (HTPC)" or "User" is active?

I know some 3rd party plugins use emby API keys to watch for playback events. How can i make EventGhost log these? 

(server address,serverport, devicetowatch, apikey)

This would make it possible to make commands like: 

- When "Started playback on (HTPC)" is triggered, set volume, dim lights etc

---------------------------------

EDITED & ADDED
---------------------------------

The best would be if the plugin could support IFTTT Maker Channel also. Then we are not limited by brands. 

It can send and receive web requests and trigger actions/events.
This would open up for a lot of possibilities. I do think a lot of the users here would appreciate such a plug-in. 

Edited by julianb
  • Like 2

Is it possible to make Eventghost log an event for Emby? Like "Movie is playing on (HTPC)" or "User" is active?

I know some 3rd party plugins use emby API keys to watch for playback events. How can i make EventGhost log these?

(server address,serverport, devicetowatch, apikey)

This would make it possible to make commands like:

- When "Started playback on (HTPC)" is triggered, set volume, dim lights etc

Wow, exactly what I was looking for. And you created this post the same day?!

I will follow this thread!

You could build a plugin that does this.

Getting session info is easy enough, but what do you mean by "log info"?

Is eventghost suppose to raise an event from commandline or something?

What is the commandline you want to run when particular emby session events are raised?

Edited by chef

julianb

Wow, exactly what I was looking for. And you created this post the same day?!

I will follow this thread!

Sweet! Good to know that i'm not alone about this!

What 3rd party plugins do you refer to, by the way?

One plugin that catches "events" from emby server sessions are Movie Poser App. It watches for a predefined device to start playback so it can change the poster to match the movie being played back.

julianb

You could build a plugin that does this.

Getting session info is easy enough, but what do you mean by "log info"?

Is eventghost suppose to raise an event from commandline or something?

What is the commandline you want to run when particular emby session events are raised?

That would be great! Forget about the "log info thing". I think a small plugin for EventGhost that reads the session info would be more efficient.

I can propose an attempt at an emby plugin which would allow the user to run commandline during emby session events.

Would that be useful to you?

Exactly what I am looking for as well! I'm currently using the Pushover notification plugin to send a notification when a movie starts. The notification is then intercepted by my Android tablet which in turn triggers the living room lights to dim via Tasker that sends a JSON command like "hxxp://192.168.1.2:8080/json.htm?type=command&param=udevice&idx=$idx&nvalue=0&svalue=79".It's a pretty convoluted setup as in the end all I need to be able to do is send this single JSON command. So if there would be an emby plugin that can execute a command line command based on an event that would be brilliant!

Edited by Manuel

What home automation is that?

I'll write you a plugin tonight, then you just skip the pushover notification and have emby trigger the lights.

That is why I did with my veralite.

No problem :)

julianb

What home automation is that?

I'll write you a plugin tonight, then you just skip the pushover notification and have emby trigger the lights.

That is why I did with my veralite.

No problem :)

Great! This will allow for controlling the Philips Hue lights as well, until we get an official Philips Hue plugin for emby.

EventGhost has an Philips Hue plugin for those interested. Link here.

Great! This will allow for controlling the Philips Hue lights as well, until we get an official Philips Hue plugin for emby.

I am using another 433mhz technology, but with a fully working eventghost plugin. I only need emby to broadcast to eventghost when playback starts , pause, stops etc.

Will I also be able to use such plugin?

This is still very early in development.

I started over to make it better.

@@Manuel

I just want to make sure I'm on the right track. This version will only do Playback Started and Playback Stopped. It is not client/Device specific yet, so any client will trigger thew commandlines (I'll fix that).

I just want to make sure that the Web request is getting sent properly.

Please put the DLL in your Plugin folder and restart the server. Then open the configuration and copy the HTTP command line you want to run during the Emby events.

Let me know if my http Client is hitting the targets please.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/Commander/Commander/bin/Debug/Commander.zip

If all goes well, I can move forward on client specific sessions triggering specific commands.

Thanks,

Chef :)

Edited by chef

julianb

This is still very early in development.

I started over to make it better.

@@Manuel

I just want to make sure I'm on the right track. This version will only do Playback Started and Playback Stopped. It is not client/Device specific yet, so any client will trigger thew commandlines (I'll fix that).

I just want to make sure that the Web request is getting sent properly.

Please put the DLL in your Plugin folder and restart the server. Then open the configuration and copy the HTTP command line you want to run during the Emby events.

Let me know if my http Client is hitting the targets please.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/Commander/Commander/bin/Debug/Commander.zip

If all goes well, I can move forward on client specific sessions triggering specific commands.

Thanks,

Chef :)

Great, but I can't get the plugin to work? I copied the commander.dll to the server plugin folder and restarted the server, but I can't see the config page anywhere? Is there something I have missed? :)

What version of the server are you on?

I might have built it for the recent beta.

Because it isn't coming from the catalog I can't set a particular server version.

The main devs changed some plugin parameters for the recent beta.

Would you want to update to test?

Edited by chef

julianb
Okay, right now i'm on: Version 3.0.8500.0

I don't have a test server on my Hyper-V server now, but I have used some beta version earlier without trouble. Have you had any trouble with current beta version of the server?

None so far. Beta seems to be working fine.

I'm on 3.1.223 but I just noticed they have released a new version .224.

If Phillip hue lights can be triggered by a http request, then yes this plugin will with those lights.

But it won't be very extensive. :)

Unfortunately it is the same thing here, but I also have the latest (?) stable version, 3.0.8500.0! I haven't tried the betas yet.

Nevertheless, I really appreciate your effort chef!

I should mention that I have this plugin working with my zwave network.

I also added playback paused and unpause events.

In my veralite plugin, I use devices which connect to emby to trigger scenes in each room.

Pretty cool when Xbox one controls the HA.

So what I'll do is continue the development, and when the next stable version of emby is released it will work with it.

In the meantime, if you do move to beta, it will work for you.

Cheers!

Wow, you are a real hero. My only concern is my own knowledge. I have zero experience about command lines in Emby. But how hard can it be? ;)

Wow, you are a real hero. My only concern is my own knowledge. I have zero experience about command lines in Emby. But how hard can it be? ;)

If you are using HA, find the REST API http command line to trigger a light to turn on.

Then copy it into the text box in the plugin config.

Click save and the emby event will trigger the HA event.

Hey,

it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm running Emby Beta 3.1.224-beta and had no problems installing the plugin. I made the following configuration which uses the same

URLs as in Tasker however nothing happens:

Playback Started Commandline

Playback Stopped Commandline

Any idea where I am going wrong?