TV Episodes Title Scraping

igniparra

igniparra

Hi everybody!!

As per a friend's advise, I migrated from Plex to Emby and could't be happier by its amazing streaming performance to Chromecast.

But I'm having a problem with the Scraper, or that I think, as the TV Series Episodes don't download their names. Instead I'm shown the filename of the file.

I've seen that Emby does handle that information, so I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, or missing some plugin of sort.

Thanks and best regards!

Hi, welcome. Can you give us an example? It might just be one show where it was unable to match up with data on the tvdb. thanks !

igniparra

Hello Luke!

Thanks for your reply! After fiddling a little longer, I found out that pressing "Refresh" on the season did the trick.

Is there any way of forcing refresh the entire library? As the Scheduled Tasks don't quite do this...

Thanks!

Happy2Play

The same way you did for season but at library level via Home Screen or Metadata Manager.

Hello Luke!

Thanks for your reply! After fiddling a little longer, I found out that pressing "Refresh" on the season did the trick.

Is there any way of forcing refresh the entire library? As the Scheduled Tasks don't quite do this...

Thanks!

You can do this in the metadata manager from a top level folder. The reason why you are considering this a "fix" is because on initial import the server probably used existing metadata that you already had, which probably was missing these details. Now with the refresh you're forcing it to be replaced with newly retrieved internet metadata.

However if you'd like a more precise explanation, then we should look at an example before you do that.

igniparra

Hi Luke! Sorry for the delay, I'm not getting notifications about the post.
I already solved the refresh issue.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!