Found a duplicate process

Fanatic_Joker

Fanatic_Joker

Hi there, 

I have found some of those issues in the search function, but they are quite a year old... so a few versions passed by... 

I got this one if I click on the emby admin dashboard on "update"

2016-10-25 08:42:49.8965 Info Main: Emby
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
2016-10-25 08:42:49.9385 Info Main: Found a duplicate process. Giving it time to exit.
2016-10-25 08:43:09.9391 Info Main: The duplicate process did not exit.
2016-10-25 08:43:09.9391 Info Main: Shutting down because another instance of Emby Server is already running.

I also tryed to run the emby server as a service, but it didn't help. Also I waited a few minutes to get the service stopped, but I can't start it also. Tryed to get the running process killed, also didn't worked.

the setup is quiet default, I think it started with the Update to 3.0.8000

Used Plugins are: Auto Box Sets, Sync Queue, Server Configuration Backup, Trailers

If I restart the whole server, everything starts properly, updates can be installed via setup.exe

I hope you can help me, 

with kind regards

Fanatic_Joker

PS:

the shutdown-part of the log looks like 30 lines of :

2016-10-25 08:31:39.4479 Info MediaEncoder: Killing ffmpeg process
2016-10-25 08:31:39.4479 Error MediaEncoder: Error in WaitForExit
2016-10-25 08:31:39.4479 Error MediaEncoder: Error killing process
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.8200.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Diesem Objekt ist kein Prozess zugeordnet.
	System.InvalidOperationException
	   bei System.Diagnostics.Process.EnsureState(State state)
	   bei System.Diagnostics.Process.EnsureState(State state)
	   bei System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
	   bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Kill()
	   bei MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.StopProcess(ProcessWrapper process, Int32 waitTimeMs, Boolean enableForceKill)

Edited by Fanatic_Joker

Fanatic_Joker

Update:

so I have downloaded the ffmpeg (ffmpeg-20161025-c117343-win64-static) files, put them to C:\Programs\ffmpeg...

under transcoding in the admin panel I set the path to the same... seems to work for me... 

so mine seems to have some trouble with the 

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20160410\ffmpeg.exe ... 

Logs is error clear and server/service restart works

Edited by Fanatic_Joker

What this typically means is that the service took a little longer than usual to shut down. Then you tried to start it again and the first instance was still shutting down so the second one timed out waiting for it. This is not a normal situation but we have seen it happen from time to time.