FR: Download Subtitles during playback

NullMind

requa3r0

The manual subtitle download feature really MUST be implemented!!!!

The auto download feature may be a great idear on paper, but in reality it’s REALLY not!

In fact it’s a really bad idea ;O(

1: If you have IPTV and add a set STRM files based on a M3U link with 10000 + links..you may never watch more that a show or 2..but you are asking Emby to download a HUGE number of subs, perhaps even in more that one languige.

Your account will be blocked very fast.

2: It’s not uncommon that a subtitle is out of sync. In kodi this is not a problem. You just download another one..and check the sync

The NUMBER ONE reason that I DONT use EMBY as my main media center solution...and still run KODI (even though I have a premiere license) the total lack of subtitle support and control in EMBY.

You cannot download the subtitle for your choise,  place it on the screen where you like it to be (black bar), set size or fond or color or…set a delay = NO subtitle control

In a media center solution ano 2020…what is going on!

The feature to either download all or none...makes not sense at all.

It must as a minium be enhanced with a manual download interface.

Edited by requa3r0
  • Thanks 1

Hi.  We already have a manual download option.  Just not during playback (which is what this request is for).

requa3r0

Here i s an example, with a Spanish movie. "4 latas".

So...i need subtitles. In this case Danish.

If I show a subtitle on a movie in full screen mode. Here in Chrome.

The subtitle are placed just a bit high on the screen, and the subtitle reach just a few pixel into the actual movie

This will turn on a grey bar to open and close with each surtitle.

There are plenty of place in the black bar to place the subtitle here?

Why in heaven sake does EMBY place the sub in the movie area and flicker a grey bar like that?

In KODI i can adjust the subtitle vertical position in a few sec, and have it positioned where i like it.

The way EMBY is handling surtitles is driving me so nuts.

I have an EMBY subscription to use the liveTV feature to see TV on the go...on a tablet.

Seriously.  I Its the only ting i use emby for, because its just not good for anything else ;O(

post-564056-0-36132300-1585239423_thumb.png

Edited by requa3r0

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Downloading subtitles during video playback is coming to the next version of many of our apps - android, iOS, etc. iOS will actually be two updates from now as we've already submitted one to apple. Enjoy.

• Like 1