Emby WMC won't load

BrettM

Hi all,

I had to reformat my HTPC after a virus snuk in,I have managed to reinstall the server & set to load at startup. I have also reinstalled Emby for WMC the problem I'm having is once the server is loaded Emby for WMC will only open a grey screen with number, as if i don't have the server, server is loaded and ready to go but Emby for WMC won't open?

Is there something i'm missing or need to do?

any help would be greatly appreciated...

• 3 weeks later...

Guess it wasn't too much of a problem..

My biggest thing with EMC is that it takes at least a minute, maybe two, for it to load.

Guess it wasn't too much of a problem..

My biggest thing with EMC is that it takes at least a minute, maybe two, for it to load.

That probably means you have it configured to connect to a server that doesn't exist (wrong IP address).

Hmm.. I'll check again in the EMC configuration application but it does eventually connect to the server that I use for all my other Emby clients and it works from there most times but sometimes it will fail and bring up a "Close" pop up screen in the lower right corner.

I'll check tonight but it does eventually load.

Could it be the size of my library and that it is on many disks on a couple of computers on my network?

Is there a log for EMC I should find and upload or should I just upload the Emby Server Log?

BTW, I'm on the latest Stable (8400) server and EMC was updated a week or two ago so I'm pretty sure that is current too.