All TV Shows only in 1 folder

jandrews333

jandrews333

Yesterday afternoon all 100 of my TV Shows where placed into 1 folder under the TV library. In the morning they where displayed correctly with each series in there own folder. Now I have 1 folder called 100 of the Greatest Kids Shows with 7198 episodes. This is not even a show I have in my library.

I am running Windows 10 with Emby 3.0.8000.0

Any ideas how I can fix this? I have uninstalled and removed all traces of Emby and reinstalled but still have the issue.

I have tried including screen shots but getting errors I do't have permissions to use that file type.

Edited by jandrews333

diaz1510

Good chance you're having the same issue as me right now.  Sounds similar to what I've got going on. I just upgraded to 3.0.8000 and it's thrown my library into a mess.  I posted the same problem a minute ago:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/40192-308000-library-issue/

Haven't heard what the answer might be yet though...

jandrews333

I selected TV as the content type and select TV Shows at the root as the folder, which has always worked and was working yesterday morning. The change happened yesterday afternoon

jandrews333

The structure is TV Shows(Root Folder)\TV Show Folders(Names of TV Shows\TV Show Seasons(Under each tv show name folder)\Episodes(Under each season folder)

So like this

TV Shows\24\Season 1\s01ep01

are there any files in the TV Shows(Root Folder) folder? i can't see the bottom part of that screenshot.

jandrews333

No just folders

TV Shows(Folder)\TV Show Name(Folders)\TV Show Seasons(Folders)\TV Show Episodes(Files)

diaz1510

Mine is setup as TV Shows, then 27 subfolders with each letter and one numerical folder. Each folder then contains the shows that begin with that letter...been setup this way since forever.  Why is it an issue now?

can i see a screenshot of the bottom of g:\tv shows, as well as what it looks like in library setup? thanks.

Mine is setup as TV Shows, then 27 subfolders with each letter and one numerical folder. Each folder then contains the shows that begin with that letter...been setup this way since forever.  Why is it an issue now?

Hi, can you answer the questions in post #3? thanks.

that worked thank you very much for your help

You're welcome. The change that was made for this release was to allow tvshow.nfo files to be used to indicate folders as tv series. This creates greater flexibility for the end user, but can also lead to more troubleshooting if you have those files hanging around in the wrong place.

diaz1510

@@Luke That did nothing for me.  I deleted the tvshow.nfo files in each letter folder, re-scanned the library, and they just got recreated as some other random shows now.  It made no change other than make the letter folders some different show than they were before.  How can a revert back to how it was before?  This is extremely frustrating...emby has pretty much become unusable for me and my family with this issue.

I even created a test media library with a few of the letter folders added as you had suggested in my other post, but that media library shows nothing....

Edited by diaz1510