Can No Longer Connect From Any Device/App

JMD
Go to solution Solved by JMD,

im battling the same problem. external connections wont go through but using wifi works. tried adding port forwarding rules, virus scan, fresh install, disabling firewall, network private and all that was mentioned here, but no luck

I installed the new server 3.0.81 on a new Win 10 laptop and it is working.

Both the desktop,where the connection issue persists, and the laptop are running the same updated versions of win 10.  However when I run the server on the laptop I get the same 'exception error" as I noted a few posts previously on the desktop.  The server takes a while, ~30 seconds, to load but eventually does even after the error.

So apparently its an issue with the desktop and not the router.  Neither machine is running any antivirus/malware etc.  Just windows 10. 

Very frustrating since Emby was running fine on the desktop for about 3 months without an issue.  Then one day when attempting to connect on a Roku it directed to the verify PIN screen.  Havent been able to get it to work since.  Havent installed any new software on the desktop so I dont know what the issue could be. Thought it could be a windows 10 update but now that I installed it on the laptop running the same win 10 that doesnt seem to be the issue.

Can you check again for windows firewall rules that might be blocking mediabrowserserverapplication.exe? What we are seeing in some cases is windows adding those rules right back even after you delete them. thanks.

Rules are unchanged as follows: 

Inbound software created: Private enabled, Public Disabled by me as per advice on this thread

Outbound: no software created rules.  I created the outbound rules for TCP & UDC private

Additionally what I noticed is that when installing the server on the desktop is doesnt download meta info for movies as it did on the very first install when it was working and as it did on the laptop install where it is working.  Not sure if the provides any relevant clues.

Edited by JMD

I'm having the same issue. everything worked fine....then a windows security patch and an emby update and now nothing can see emby. Its not my network as other DLNA stuff still works fine. Windows firewall still is fine (rules set to allow all emby traffic)...hell I even fully turned off the windows firewall..still no go.

Only place I can see any emby content, is on my media server pc itself all other devices can no longer see emby at all (cell phones, xbox one, xbox 360, etc)

I even fully uninstalled the latest windows 10 patches and still no joy

Edited by livlos

Happy2Play

By chance did you restart the machine after disabling the firewall?  But OP already has proven the it is a machine issue, which in 99% of all cases is the issue.  Now finding out exactly what is the cause of the issue is another story.

ron.bali

I am seeing the same problem I think.  My setup is Emby Server running on a Windows 10 laptop 

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language
     Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
On the network I have 2 LG WebOS TVs, and a couple of Android devices

THE PROBLEM since recent Windows updates Emby is not visible on the LG TVs.  It used to show up on the TV by going to Smartshare -> Devices, now the icon does not appear.

The Chrome browser on the laptop can see everything on the Emby server.
The Emby app on the Android tablet can see everything on the Emby server and can cast a movie to the LG TV

So I am following this thread with interest, have poked around with Windows Firewall, but seems OK, have checked Fing on Android which shows the server.  One detail - the image posted by Speechles above lists "Microsoft/Windows  Media Player Sharing", mine simply shows "Fujitsu" - I have no idea if that is significant.

I will keep watching.

I am seeing the same problem I think.  My setup is Emby Server running on a Windows 10 laptop 

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language
     Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
On the network I have 2 LG WebOS TVs, and a couple of Android devices

THE PROBLEM since recent Windows updates Emby is not visible on the LG TVs.  It used to show up on the TV by going to Smartshare -> Devices, now the icon does not appear.

The Chrome browser on the laptop can see everything on the Emby server.
The Emby app on the Android tablet can see everything on the Emby server and can cast a movie to the LG TV

So I am following this thread with interest, have poked around with Windows Firewall, but seems OK, have checked Fing on Android which shows the server.  One detail - the image posted by Speechles above lists "Microsoft/Windows  Media Player Sharing", mine simply shows "Fujitsu" - I have no idea if that is significant.

I will keep watching.

Hi, thanks for the report. I am working on a fix for LG Dlna browsing. Thanks !

How are you determining that it's not working? What exactly are you trying to do?

As discussed in this thread, Devices that used to be able access the Emby server (Windows 10) can no longer do so.  They can see the server but cant connect.  Tried all of the suggestions in this thread with no luck.

Right I'm looking for specifics. Do you get an error message? Have you tried a manual connection where you enter the IP address?

Can you provide a little more detail? If there's no error message that what exactly does happen? Thanks.

When you try to connect by ip address, what ip address are you using? In other words, where are you getting it from?

The IP & Port listed on the dashboard.  i.e. 192.168.22.1 for example and port 8097.  I changed the port from the default setting per suggestions in this thread.

Ok, occasionally Emby can detect the wrong IP address. This can sometimes happen with certain network setups. maybe we should try to compare that to what windows thinks is the IP.

Can you open a command prompt, then type ipconfig. See what it says for your ipv4 address. Thanks !

Ok, occasionally Emby can detect the wrong IP address. This can sometimes happen with certain network setups. maybe we should try to compare that to what windows thinks is the IP.

Can you open a command prompt, then type ipconfig. See what it says for your ipv4 address. Thanks !

IPv4 matches the Emby dashboard IP

• Solution

SOLVED

I'm not sure what caused the issue but here's the explanation of how I was able to access the Emby server on my devices once again.  I was running DSL with a provided modem/router.  Today I switched internet providers am I using their provided modem and my Netgear router and everything now works.  I can connect to Emby from all of my devices.  As I said previously in this thread Emby had been working for a few months and suddenly I could no longer connect from any device despite being able to see the Emby server on all devices.  Even though the devices could see the server they couldn't connect to it.

I don't really know why Emby is running now but it appears that the problem must have been my modem/router.  I never changed any settings on the modem/router so I'm not sure what caused the problem.

A big THANK YOU to all who responded to my issue in this thread and offered their time and assistance!  Emby has a great community, support staff and product which I am thrilled to be able to use once again.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Interestingly another topic said the same thing.  It was an issue with their router.

Edited by Happy2Play