Implementing a custom IItemResolver

pulse00

pulse00

I'd like to write a custom IITemResolver which automatically creates collections from specific folder structures - the structure is multiple levels deep:

- LibraryRoot

- Parent

- Child 1

- Movie1

- Movie2

The IItemResolver should create Collections for the third level (Child 1) and movies in that folder should be part of that collection

Somehow i can't get this to work properly. In what way does the LibraryManager connect Movies and Collections during item resolution?

How does the Priority method of the IItemResolver influence that logic and do i need to implement IMultipleItemResolver as well for this to work?

I think that method of resolution is going to cause tons of false-positives.

What are you really trying to accomplish?

pulse00

What are you really trying to accomplish?

Well two things: a) Migrate a library from plex to emby and 2) get into emby plugin development and understand how item resolution works.

I'm not so concerned with false positives, basically the custom resolver has everything it needs in the path and filenames of the library.

To come back to your question: It's basically a nested collection of documentaries. The first folder is the wrapper around the production, the second level is narrowing down the theme (sometimes countries, sometimes knowledge fields, etc). The third level contains the actual movie.

Rename "Child 1" to "Child 1 [boxSet]".

It won't give you 100% of the collection functionality but it will get you the basic organization you are looking for.

I really think any sort of item resolution based on folder structure here will be way too fragile.

pulse00

okay, thanks, i will try that. however there's still one more thing: i'd need to be able to name the movies based on a pattern in the filename. currently the name of the movie will be resolved directly to the filename. is there a way i can hook into that and modify the logic?