Spoiler Alert - Recordings edition

puithove

CBers

OK, let's go around in a circle, then. I sometimes record 5 shows at once. It only displays 6. I record often, so they cycle through very quickly. How do I watch the previous episodes?

Latest is latest.

Next Up is for the next episode to watch, which is not necessarily the same as Latest.

Guest asrequested

Latest is latest.

Next Up is for the next episode to watch, which is not necessarily the same as Latest.

Exactly! So I can't use it, unless I want to watch episode 6 before episode 4. Doesn't it make more sense to just have Next Up? Edited by Doofus

CBers

Doesn't it make more sense to just have Next Up?

Doesn't ET have Next Up then?

Sorry, I don't use ET.

All of the apps have the same features so it doesn't matter which one you're using.

Guest asrequested

Doesn't ET have Next Up then?

Sorry, I don't use ET.

It does, but you have to dig for it. If I'm going to leave the home page, I'm going straight to the library, where I can see everything. Point being, that recently recorded is pretty much redundant. The only way it has use is if you record less than six shows and you watch them straight away, or as soon as you record more shows, they get pushed out and you have to find them in a different menu/library. If the home page showed next up in place of recently recorded, wouldn't that be the best of both worlds? And presently, it's in two places, even more redundant. But as I said, not a big deal, I'm giving my viewpoint :)

Guest asrequested

That's why I like the ATV UI over the ET UI.

How does it work on that?

And I'm not trying to hijack this thread. Next Up already has tiles and not scraped images. So it would solve that, too.

Spaceboy

Exactly! So I can't use it, unless I want to watch episode 6 before episode 4. Doesn't it make more sense to just have Next Up?

but you seem to be saying that because its not useful to you its not useful to anyone. but i am telling you its useful to me. the reason why, which i have already given you, is that my primary focus is on media that been added to my library via live tv over that which is added from other sources. i want focus on the few series i want (am forced to) watch daily. the live tv and recording screens do this for me.

Guest asrequested

but you seem to be saying that because its not useful to you its not useful to anyone. but i am telling you its useful to me. the reason why, which i have already given you, is that my primary focus is on media that been added to my library via live tv over that which is added from other sources. i want focus on the few series i want (am forced to) watch daily. the live tv and recording screens do this for me.

I understand, and that is valid. I realize that some people use it as a sort of monitor. I just don't think enough people use it that way to give enough prominence that is should be the first thing that everyone sees as soon as we start the app. The needs of the many blah blah blah...

Move it to the side, and put something that more people will use, in its place.

Spaceboy

sorry, i didn't realise you were speaking on behalf of the many!

but why is it the first thing you see when you open the app? this is configurable, mine opens on movies. just change it to tv or movies if thats what your focus is

Guest asrequested

sorry, i didn't realise you were speaking on behalf of the many!

but why is it the first thing you see when you open the app? this is configurable, mine opens on movies. just change it to tv or movies if thats what your focus is

Indeed I was speaking for the many.

Its only configurable by not making Live TV be in the first position. That's a crappy option and not a solution. The purpose of the home page is to provide quick links. To that end, it's fails spectularly. But again, not a big issue. This isn't burning my stump. Just suggesting a better way.

Spaceboy

no, you presume to speak for the masses, there's a difference.

you're not even in the majority on this thread! you are the only one that wants it removed. even the OP has Live TV in third position, same as me.

anyway if you want it removing, start your own thread. i support the use of artwork over thumbnails.

Guest asrequested

no, you presume to speak for the masses, there's a difference.

you're not even in the majority on this thread! you are the only one that wants it removed. even the OP has Live TV in third position, same as me.

anyway if you want it removing, start your own thread. i support the use of artwork over thumbnails.

Lol.. Okay okay. No need to get mad at me. I'm just chiming in. My suggestion solves the problem this thread raised, too. As I already said. :)

• 6 months later...
puithove

So here we are a year later, absolutely nothing has changed on this view, and spoilers are continuing.  For the love of TV, is nobody worried about spoilers?

Can we not replace these live thumbnails with the TV show's poster?  I mean, while the recording is active, that's what it puts in the place of the thumbnail.  The thumbnail doesn't get generated until after the recording is complete!

C'mon!

Lets bump this thread so @@Luke sees it.

Emby theater needs lots of love.

Guide to be fixed Fixed works perfectly on roku client but not windows client

Horizontal view to be restored back for all movies and recordings screen.

Deleting a recording to not take you to series screen just delete recording and get back to the previous screen

Instead of shows on the live tv screen it should be restored back to upcoming

im85288

I do not use emby theater but as all apps have the same behaviour I think the Latest Recordings should be removed all together....the reason? Well why treat recorded media differently from other media?? It should end up either in your movies or tvshow library and presented as it does there...this would keep the UI clean and above all have media treated in a consistent way. 

Spaceboy

I do not use emby theater but as all apps have the same behaviour I think the Latest Recordings should be removed all together....the reason? Well why treat recorded media differently from other media?? It should end up either in your movies or tvshow library and presented as it does there...this would keep the UI clean and above all have media treated in a consistent way.

for me recorded tv has a much higher priority than tv from other sources and deserves separation on that basis.
  • Like 2