Spoiler Alert - Recordings edition

puithove

puithove

Can the "Latest Recordings" on the Live TV tab use the show thumb instead of an actual thumbnail from the episode?  At least if the show thumb is available, and then use the episode thumb as a fallback.  Otherwise I see potential here for a spoiler - especially if I'm letting a show queue up with multiple episodes so that I can binge watch.

57f720467e903_Capture4.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
taylorbourne

+1

Thanks for posting @@puithove, I see the same exact issue. I often use Emby to record sports and I have noticed that sometimes the screen grab displays the score from somewhere in the midst of the game -__-

• 3 months later...
puithove

It's time to bring this up again.  This particular point is still an issue.

ET seems to be still lagging behind the web app, even more so the Windows Desktop version.

Guest asrequested

It seems strange to me that there is a latest recordings, at all. There should just be 'next up'. I record multiple shows with multiple episodes. Latest recordings has no use at all, and it has in fact given me many spoilers. Even if you were current in your episode watching, if you have more than 6 shows being recorded you get even more redundancy. I really don't see any point to it. There should definitely be an option to remove it

Spaceboy

Of course it has a value! For those people that use Emby as a dvr rather than Netflix style. I find it difficult to believe this question even has to be answered.

If your preference is for Netflix style bingeing use the tv menus, not the live tv menus. The clue is kind of in the name

Edited by Spaceboy
  • Like 1

puithove

Tha'ts fine, but display the show's poster, not a live, spoiler-revealing thumbnail from the episode!!!

puithove

As for the relationship to the web app... in the web app, when I enter the LiveTV section, it shows me "What's On" by default.  The latest recordings are not right in my face, they're under a different tab.  Also, when going to Recordings, the Latest recordings display the show's artwork, not an actual capture from the recorded episode itself.  This behavior is fine, and it's past time for it to come over to ET.

I'm ok with a certain number of "Latest Recordings" to show in ET on the LiveTV home screen (prefer it actually), but only with using the show's poster/artwork in order to kill the spoilers.

Edited by puithove

denz

My favourite part of emby is seeing latest recordings straight away if that is taken away not much point of me using emby.

puithove

My favourite part of emby is seeing latest recordings straight away if that is taken away not much point of me using emby.

but you are not against changing the images used, right?

denz

Correct i am all for changing images since sometimes the screenshots are from ads so i would welcome the images that are in web client.

Edited by denz

Guest asrequested

Of course it has a value! For those people that use Emby as a dvr rather than Netflix style. I find it difficult to believe this question even has to be answered.

If your preference is for Netflix style bingeing use the tv menus, not the live tv menus. The clue is kind of in the name

So let me ask. I have about 20 shows being recorded, most of which have multiple episodes recorded. Using the recently recorded section, how do I access all of the next episodes that are waiting to be watched? Let's simplify. If I had 7 shows with only one episode recorded. Using the recently recorded, how do I watch the one that isn't shown? Maybe I'm missing something.

puithove

Honestly the BEST use for that area (vs. just going into the recordings library) would be for active recordings to show up there... and ***hint, hint*** be able to start watching an active recording.  That's a different topic though  :P

Edited by puithove

Spaceboy

i'm not clear on what the question was. but equally i'm not sure why its my job to tell you how to achieve what you want. the current set up serves my needs which is why i support it.

the main way we use emby is as a traditional dvr, watching live tv or very recently recorded tv. around that we fit consumption of whole series or movies. for that purpose WMC was nirvana and why it should always be used as the template for anything live tv wise

Guest asrequested

Honestly the BEST use for that area (vs. just going into the recordings library) would be for active recordings to show up there... and ***hint, hint*** be able to start watching an active recording. That's a different topic though :P

Now that would be useful

Guest asrequested

i'm not clear on what the question was. but equally i'm not sure why its my job to tell you how to achieve what you want. the current set up serves my needs which is why i support it.

the main way we use emby is as a traditional dvr, watching live tv or very recently recorded tv. around that we fit consumption of whole series or movies. for that purpose WMC was nirvana and why it should always be used as the template for anything live tv wise

That you can't answer, confirms that latest recordings is useless.

Nobody has said why it's good. But it's not a big deal, I just wanted to express my opinion.

Spaceboy

That you can't answer, confirms that latest recordings is useless.

Nobody has said why it's good. But it's not a big deal, I just wanted to express my opinion.

no, i still don't understand what you were asking. it is good but can be improved

Guest asrequested

no, i still don't understand what you were asking. it is good but can be improved

My question was direct, but I'll simply. What use does it have?

Spaceboy

My question was direct, but I'll simply. What use does it have?

errr... watching recent recordings?

Guest asrequested

errr... watching recent recordings?

OK, let's go around in a circle, then. I sometimes record 5 shows at once. It only displays 6. I record often, so they cycle through very quickly. How do I watch the previous episodes?

Edited by Doofus