how to download subtitle with function called by btnMorecommands

oneil31

oneil31

Hello,

I'm beginning with emby it's wonderfull :)
I share my media with family but i have a little server so i only allow external users downloading and not playing files.

It's work perfectely but i was borring because my family can download film/serie but can't download subtitle... even if i have it on server and i can play serie with subtitle with webapp.

Anybody have a idea or suggestion ?

Thanks

oneil31

hi Luke thanks for your message.

In the server dashboard i didn't configure Open Subtitles because i have allready subtitles files (downloaded with files with Sickrage). Emby web interface player display subtitle without any problem. However family user are only allowed to download files with (user functionnality download media), so they can download media from my little server but how they could download subtitle from my server ?

MiChAeLoKGB

Came here to ask the same question... Some people I share my server with would like to download the files so they won't put load on my PC, but they can only download movies/episodes themselves, but not the subtitles, even tho EMBY can clearly recognize them (when you hit play it loads them and plays it with subtitles on screen).

So, is there a way for somebody to download subtitles for the episode/movie they are downloading from your server? It would be nice if a second button showed up below "Download media" called "Download subtitles" if such movie/episode has subtitles.

Edited by MiChAeLoKGB

Hi, I think the better way to do that is to encode the video and the subtitle directly on the source. Create a mkv file for example. So when someone download a video, he has the subtitle.