No audio (EAC3)

Inrego
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Inrego

I have an Nvidia SHIELD plugged directly to my TV with HDMI. When playing videos with EAC3 audio I get no sound whatsoever. I even have audio output set to Downmix to stereo, but have also tried without it. I cannot for the life of me seem to change any settings to get any sound.

However, if I enable external player and choose VLC, I get sound just fine. But that's not really optimal since subtitles are not enabled automatically, and there's no tracking of current progress in videos.

Edited by Inrego

There is no outbound sound equipment?

I'm guessing the TV supports DD but not DD+.  I may have to make yet another setting...

• Like 1

Inrego

No. Only the SHIELD box and TV - using the builtin speakers from the TV.

Tbh I've no idea which audio formats my TV supports, I'm no audiophile (but you probably knew that already, after reading I just use the builtin TV speakers).

I also tried on the Android TV settings to enable/disable audio passthrough, but no change.

And even if you set it to downmix, it still doesn't work?

What version of the app are you using?

Inrego

No, downmixing does not seem to do anything. It's actually been enabled for quite a while, since it helped on another video some time ago (don't remember the details)

The version is 1.2.53g

Inrego

Not sure how to check details, but in my server management dashboard, the shield device shows up as Direct Playing.

Inrego

Sent link in PM. Please let me know when you've got it, so I can delete from cloud again :)

Edited by Inrego

• Solution

I got it.  Thanks.  You can try this with the next beta that should be out later today.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi @@Inrego

The latest beta version of the Emby app offers improved playback, refresh rate switching, and all the HD Audio pass-through you need. Check out the beta thread for more details:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42239-android-tv-beta-13x/

We think you'll enjoy the next update to the stable channel. Thanks !

• 6 months later...
crypto

I got it.  Thanks.  You can try this with the next beta that should be out later today.

I think this is back for chromecast ultra to soundbar via optical thru tv all sony.  I know your working on the new chromecast and only a few shows are eac3 so... whenever ;)

I think this is back for chromecast ultra to soundbar via optical thru tv all sony.  I know your working on the new chromecast and only a few shows are eac3 so... whenever ;)

What exactly is the problem?

Just want to confirm you aren't talking about any issues with this (Fire TV/Android TV) app?

crypto

Just want to confirm you aren't talking about any issues with this (Fire TV/Android TV) app?

Opps, sorry. Right subject, wrong section... my bad.