Organize File/Existing Shows

Guest Sabiel

Guest Sabiel

I'm currently running version 3.0.7300.0 of the server, but this has been an ongoing problem for some time now.

When adding a new show, I either manually create a new folder in the root folder, or because the auto-organize will have failed I utilize the new series button in the 'Organize File' screen shown below to create it/move the file in one action. 

As is shown in the screenshot, some but not all shows appear twice in the drop-down list of existing shows.  There is only one folder created in the root folder for these shows, they only appear once in the metadata manager, but appear twice in that list.  It also doesn't seem to matter which I use subsequently for organizing new episodes.

While I can't be one hundred percent certain of it, the problem seems to be created only when using the second method of adding new shows using the new series button.  Certainly with the shows I've been adding today that seems to have been the case.  Those I created manually in the root folder all appear only once in the list.

Nothing I've ever done seems to clear, or tidy up the list of existing shows.  I presume the data for it is kept in a file somewhere.  Until such time as this issue may be resolved, is it possible to delete that file so the list is rebuilt, or edit it even? 

57f15617a7160_Screenshot20161002194254.p

Hi, I think the deleted entry is just hanging around in the database. It will be reviewed for a future release of Emby Server. Thanks !

Guest Sabiel

Thanks for the reply.

I'm aware that it's only a minor annoyance, and it's probably existed ever since the feature to add a new show was included on that screen,  It's one that's become slightly more annoying with time though as more duplicate entries appeared.  For now, I'll stop using that feature, and create folders myself manually.  Other than raising the issue, what I was looking for was some way of correcting it myself in the meantime.  I must have run all of the scheduled tasks manually numerous times including the ;Clean Database', but it still remains.  That;s why I was wondering if there was not a file somewhere that I could delete, or edit myself, to correct it provided doing so caused no other problems.

@@softworkz If I could mention something on a slightly different topic.  For a while now, there's been the ability to add 'Smart Matches' from the screen I posted to correct future naming.  Would it be possible to expand that at some point to allow matches based on absolute episode number instead of season/episode.

I'm aware that it's only a minor annoyance, and it's probably existed ever since the feature to add a new show was included on that screen,  It's one that's become slightly more annoying with time though as more duplicate entries appeared.  For now, I'll stop using that feature, and create folders myself manually.  Other than raising the issue, what I was looking for was some way of correcting it myself in the meantime.  I must have run all of the scheduled tasks manually numerous times including the ;Clean Database', but it still remains.  That;s why I was wondering if there was not a file somewhere that I could delete, or edit myself, to correct it provided doing so caused no other problems

I had the same problem myself and I can confirm that it occurred approximately at the same time when we introduced the smart match feature.

But I'm sure it's unrelated to that! I rather believe that this is due to some kind of database schema update that happened at about the same time.

I had solved this by stopping Emby, deleting the library.db file and re-started Emby to completely recreate the library database. Afterwards these duplicate entries never occurred again!

@Luke: Is this procedure still valid to do?

Well, it will work but it's the cleanup procedures that need to be improved so that it won't be necessary.