ROC Theme: remember settings for view at each level

heula

Mentoned this in this topic some time ago but the issue still exist.

In my photo library I want for each level the same settings so I setup one item in a level and normally that setting should be used for all items in that level.

That is not working for all views except detail view. When using detail view it will be used for all levels.

For example I use year - month - photo level for my photo's.

- When I'm in the year level and see all the years I have set that level to thumb view and that is remembred because it is just one level.

- When I open a year I see all 12 months of the year and here the issue starts. I also want this level for all folders the same view so I setup one and when I go into the next folder I have to set everything that is configurable for that view again. And so on for all folders at that level.

- Same thing for the next level where I go into a month folder where all the images are.

Can these settings be rembered for all views instead of just detail view?

Thanks.

edit:  It's only not rembered for thumb view. For all other view this is working fine.

Edited by heula

Same issue when the index group is set genre with thumb view. Need to set every folder instead of it is set for the whole level.

Also in index genre the scroller clearlogo and scroller thumb is not doing anything when enabled. This has also worked in the beginning of roc until it didn't after a certain previous update of roc or mbc or mbs?

So i hope this all can be fixed.

This isn't really a theme thing.  There is no way for MB to know your custom organization of folders and to know how they are all related.

We know this kind of thing for TV because it has a defined structure of Series and Seasons.  Your structure is self-defined so there is no way for us to know that the 2005 folder is really the same type of thing as the 2006 folder.  Therefore, the view settings are saved individually.

This isn't really a theme thing.  There is no way for MB to know your custom organization of folders and to know how they are all related.

We know this kind of thing for TV because it has a defined structure of Series and Seasons.  Your structure is self-defined so there is no way for us to know that the 2005 folder is really the same type of thing as the 2006 folder.  Therefore, the view settings are saved individually.

I don't understand this because with all other views this is working just fine.

So "thumb strip" - "coverflow" - "detail" and poster view remember my settings for each folder at the same level but this is not possible for "thumb" view? 

I don't understand this because with all other views this is working just fine.

So "thumb strip" - "coverflow" - "detail" and poster view remember my settings for each folder at the same level but this is not possible for "thumb" view? 

Then, I guess I didn't understand exactly what the problem was.  Sorry.

Does it behave differently in Chocolate?

Then, I guess I didn't understand exactly what the problem was.  Sorry.

Does it behave differently in Chocolate?

No problem, will try chocolate later. Do I need the post some images to make my issue more clear?

Just tested with chocolate and with theme everything will be rembered for all views so it has to be a roc issue. Hope lee can fix this.

Still not fixed in ROC v1.0.10.2. Hope the next update it will because it is an issue for a pretty long time now and I have seen that this issue with thumb view is not an issue in breeze.