Black box in bottom right of screen during playback

Catchwa

Guest asrequested

I should mention that my tv is 55", as the scaling (black box appearance) clearly is proportional to the size of the screen.

lklassen

UPDATE - I re-installed Emby Theatre from scratch on my HTPC and set the scaling back to %175 and there is no more black box in the lower right corner of the screen during playback....so that appears to have fixed it for me. And I have a 8 year old Panasonic plasma TV and my display adapter is an NVIDIA GT610 card.

PurposelyCryptic

Not sure if this helps, but I am having the same issue in Emby Theater on Windows 8.1 Pro (The others seemed to all be on Win 10). Fresh ET install, wanted to see what all has changed since I last tried it. Display scaling is set to 130%. Running on a Radeon HD6570 GPU, outputting to a 1080p plasma through an Onkyo receiver. I just picked up a new Radeon RX480, will let you know if anything changes after I install the new GPU.

• 2 months later...
PurposelyCryptic

Please try this version with EVR and let me know if the scaling issue is resolved:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfkyvfqj5l2ibe3/et.zip?dl=0

Just unzip it to any folder and test it out portable. thanks,.

Didn't see your post until today, and it looks like you took the link down since, so I couldn't test it, but I did try the 2.5.34 release from yesterday (don't know if that's the same build), using EVR, and it still had the black-box-in-the-corner issue. I downloaded the release on github just in case and ran it portable, but sadly still no dice.

Running server v3.1.267, with both server and theater on the same box:

Windows Version - Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
CPU Type - Intel® Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz
System Memory - 32 GB
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 480 Graphics
Radeon Software Version - 16.12.1
Driver Packaging Version - 16.50.2001-161204a-309272C

All the best on this wacky bug-hunt!