access webdav server with media files?

fabfrodo

I don't have any windows device in my home. I have the NAS (Synology) running the emby server and the client might be my apple tv 4 or my macbook.

Happy2Play

Is your media not stored on your Synology?  Or can you explain exactly what you are trying to do.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone. So - gonna necro this thread because I think I see what's going on and I have a similar thing being done.

Currently there are lots of different options for accessing clout storage like OwnCloud/NextCloud or any others that support WebDAV access. From my testing (and purchasing) I've found MountainDuck to work best for me. But that's just me - you may have other preferences. Free tools on Windows include RaiDrive which works decent, but MountainDuck works on Win/Lin/Mac.

Now - that being said - I have tried to access my media through a Windows platform using a mapped drive. This works, but the media access is SLOW. I think that's a fault of the storage provider as there have been times when the data access goes up to 10Mb/s and I've seen 30Mb/s+ before, but recently access speeds have dropped way down to 2Mb/s or lower. This makes Emby take forever to finally load and stream the files. But it works. If it were possible for Emby to directly access the WebDAV store then maybe it would work faster. Maybe. But we'll see as development goes along I guess.

On that note - keep up the good work!