Live Stream Fail - Dlna False on Tuner, Live-tv States dlna started/refused

bungee91

bungee91

If I try to watch a channel that is on my OTA tuner, it sits and spins in Emby and in SWMC it shows a DLNA stream in progress.

However the tuner selected does not support DLNA, and I think this is why it is failing.

This works fine on cable channels using my HDHR3-CC which supports DLNA.

Likely also on my other two OTA tuners that support DLNA also (it just happens to pick this one)

I see this for the live stream that fails

2016/09/16 17:37:20.336 OpenLiveStream> -----------------start------------------------
2016/09/16 17:37:20.336 OpenLiveStream> transcode profile will be set to: none
2016/09/16 17:37:20.336 OpenLiveStream> client: Emby^Server requesting live stream on channel ABC7 HD/7.1
2016/09/16 17:37:20.336 LiveDlnaStream> live-tv dlna started
2016/09/16 17:37:20.398 LiveDlnaStream> DLNA device: 192.168.1.71 / 10390378, has a tuner available, stopping search
2016/09/16 17:37:20.398 LiveDlnaStream> DLNA address set: http://192.168.1.71:5004/auto/v7.1
2016/09/16 17:37:20.398 LiveDlnaStream> total time: 0.06 sec
2016/09/16 17:37:20.398 OpenLiveStream> stream path returned to client: http://192.168.1.71:5004/auto/v7.1
2016/09/16 17:37:20.398 OpenLiveStream> -----------------done-------------------------

However this is the information for that tuner

2016/09/16 17:34:17.027 HDHRtuner::Init> DeviceId: 10390378, IP: 192.168.1.71, Dlna: False, Transcode: False, Lineup.xml: True
2016/09/16 17:34:17.027 HDHRtuner::GetLineUp> channel lineup file 'C:\ProgramData\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\CableCARD.xml' NOT found
2016/09/16 17:34:17.027 HDHRtuner::GetLineUp> channel lineup file 'C:\ProgramData\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\Digital Cable.xml' NOT found
2016/09/16 17:34:17.027 HDHRtuner::GetLineUp> found channel lineup file: 'C:\ProgramData\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\Digital Antenna.xml'
2016/09/16 17:34:17.242 HDHRtuner::GetLineUp> exception in loading lineup.xml at address: http://192.168.1.71/lineup.xml
2016/09/16 17:34:17.242 HDHRtuner::GetLineUp> lineup channels found: 0

Emby shows the following in the transcode log

[tcp @ 0x3cf9720] Connection to tcp://192.168.1.71:5004 failed: Connection refused
http://192.168.1.71:5004/auto/v7.1: Connection refused

Since the cable streams work fine, I think this is what is happening. 

I have the Use URLs instead of SMB/UNC paths set for both live tv and recorded tv enabled.

Running the newest preview version.

ServerWMC.1.log

Emby Transcode log HDHR_71.txt

Emby Server Log.txt

bungee91

I was able to test my theory by making the default tuner (192.168.1.71 from log) unavailable, and selecting an OTA stream in Emby.

This time it worked as expected, and used DLNA on a DLNA enabled tuner.

So even though the SWMC log shows the default tuner (which ends up being *.71) as ATSC = false, when it attempts to stream to Emby it uses DLNA, which in turn fails.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Edited by bungee91

krustyreturns

Going full disclosure: I knew when I added the option for dlna streaming I knew there would be a problem if the user had a mix of dlna and non-dlna devices.  What I can't recall is if I tried to address that or whether I just left it hanging (your data seems to indicate the later).  Let me check over this code and I'll get back to you.  Thanks  for doing some of the leg work.

krustyreturns

Are these OTA channels also available over cable?   If not, then you are having this problem because wmc incorrectly has the dlna tuner set as a source for these channels.  In wmc check 'edit sources' for the channel.

bungee91

Thanks for the replies so far, this tuner is one of 3 devices (all 2 tuners) for OTA, I then have 2 cablecard tuners (one 2 tuner non dlna, one 3 tuner dlna).

The channels I attempt to tune are my local OTA channels, and it attempts to use a tuner in dlna mode that cannot do so.

These channels are available over cable, however they are different numbers, and not assigned to the cablecard tuners in WMC (the OTA's get .1 ("7.1"), the cablecards are all "7.0" with no ".0" displayed).

I also remove these, as the cable channel "7" is SD, and the real channel 7 (ABC), HD is some # such as 169 or something of that nature for cable listings.

Being that I have plenty of these OTA tuners, if it would default to another tuner which is dlna, I'd consider this good enough, as 4 OTA tuners for livetv is more than I'll need in use with SWMC.

I attempted to change the order by changing the <Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>1</Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel> to 0, however it still selected the non dlna *.71 tuner, same as before, so I put the setting back to 0.

I then deselected Emby for the "stream live channels using DLNA to" under the Live TV, closed SWMC, reopened, and this made no difference, same spinning loading bar (I didn't capture the log, but I certainly can).

krustyreturns

If you turned off dlna streaming but your channels didn't play at all, then you should post your serverwmc log after trying this experiment because something else must be wrong.

Back to dlna...

If the OTA channels have different channel numbers than the cable channels then it should all work as you want.  I am betting the problem is, if you go into wmc and choose 'edit sources' for these channels, you will see that the sources are a mix of dlna and ota tuners for these channels that you only want to be OTA only  This needs to be corrected by using 'edit sources' to disable the tuners you don't want used for a channel.

Changing Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel affects whether swmc chooses the channel sources in the same priority as wmc (0) or whether it takes them in the opposite order (1).  Since wmc itself does no dlna streaming, there really has no effect on what you are working on.  If you decide to fix the sources for your channels (as I mentioned above) I recommend you keep the setting to 1.  

bungee91

Turning off dlna works as expected, don't know why it didn't for me originally. This time I disabled it for all clients (defaults to emby and plex).

However with dlna off, it defaulted to a different tuner, which is dlna, but whatever it works fine.

I did change the Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel back to default setting of 1.

To be honest, I prefer non dlna mode for the chance I choose to record something I've been watching, and the buffer can be added to the recording.

dlna...

If I disabled the tuner in WMC for these channels it would defeat the purpose of having it installed entirely.

Here is my setup.

OTA channels all have the same lineup, all HDHR OTA (non CC) only tuners, however two with dlna (HDHR-4), one without (HDHR-3).

The channel order in WMC must set the HDHR-3 as the last tuner in the priority, so this is the first one SWMC grabs, and when dlna is selected it fails.

However as I mentioned above, non dlna mode is preferred by me at this time, so it really isn't an issue, more of an observation now (as it stated non dlna for the tuner correctly, but then attempts a dlna stream on that same tuner).

Thanks for the help, I have some other questions, but will post within a new topic.

Edited by bungee91

krustyreturns

Thanks for the info, I get it now.  If you wanted dlna enabled with a system like yours, it would be possible to accommodate it in swmc, but it would require some significant changes.  Glad I don't have to worry about it (for now anyway).

bungee91

I'm surprised no one else has had this issue, such as adding a new tuner to a pool of old ones that didn't have dlna support.

Maybe they'd then just leave it non dlna, and this issue would then never crop up.

Either way I'm good now, thanks!