Change German rating description from DE-X to FSK-X

shorty1483

Actually looks like we are appending the country, I guess we can look at removing that.

Yes, we do append the country rating and we had to do that because there are multiple countries with the exact same rating but that mean different things - plus, we needed to know which country rating was actually being used.

For instance, several countries have a "PG" and they can be a little different for each of them, plus, if we want to show icons specific for the countries, we need to know that it is AU-PG vs. the US PG.

So, then answer for German, I think is to just change our pre-pend value from "DE" to "FSK".

• Like 3

shorty1483

Some explanation about FSK: https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/50e824c319c295218a18b48c?page=1

It seems e.g. in Kodi it was not just db but also language related, that's why they regulated german to just a number 3 years ago. But in meantime a lot has changed, also inside Kodi I guess.

I looked at the variables of some skins and it seems they all include FSK X, FSKX and X. So the best to go would be "FSK X" without -, since this is the official german description.

• Like 1

I looked at the variables of some skins and it seems they all include FSK X, FSKX and X. So the best to go would be "FSK X" without -, since this is the official german description.

If that's the case then it may need to be handled by the plug-in anyway because we have had a standard of using [languagecode]-[rating] for a very long time and, if we were to change that now, a lot of legacy folks will pop up and say we broke their stuff :).

• Like 2

Angelblue05

I would much prefer if the server returned FSK-rating, the add-on can strip the dash which is fine. I just I don't want the addon to mess with rating conversion, it's not really it's job. I think that would be a good solution/compromise @@ebr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

the server can normalize the value coming from the moviedb but that's where it stops. so this change would apply to future downloaded metadata. it's not going to handle pre-existing values that are already saved in user nfo's.

• Like 2

Angelblue05

Sounds good.

The server will return FSK-rating.

The addon will verify FSK-rating and make it FSK rating. Basically only remove the dash.

Thanks @@Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Seems to work well with the most skins but however not with Aeon Nox or Aeon Nox Silvo.

Some1 have an idea why it doesn´t work with Silvo Mod?

For most of my movies it shows just FSK0

Edited by b0mb

Happy2Play

I don't use Kodi but doing a little searching shows skins look for this variable differently.  Looks like some skins require without a space FSK0 and others with a space FSK 0.

@@Angelblue05 is this variable configurable by a user are a combination of both be added?

Angelblue05

The add-on hasn't been updated yet. The fix will contain a space between, it really seems to be the standard for most of the popular skins. 

shorty1483

@@Luke @@ebr When I try to edit a movie e.g. where no german rating is in tmdb, the only options to choose from are still DE-0 to DE18. Is this supposed like that til now?

Edited by shorty1483

Happy2Play

@@Luke @@ebr When I try to edit a movie e.g. where no german rating is in tmdb, the only options to choose from are still DE-0 to DE18. Is this supposed like that til now?

Well the Localization/ratings-de.txt hasn't change to those are the options the server provides.  So the question is if one of those are selected does it auto convert or does it apply that rating?

shorty1483

Well the Localization/ratings-de.txt hasn't change to those are the options the server provides. So the question is if one of those are selected does it auto convert or does it apply that rating?

It does apply. No conversion to FSK. Can I change the values in the txt myself without letting the server explode?

gesendet von meinem Galaxy Tab S2 LTE

Edited by shorty1483

Happy2Play

I don't see any reason it would hurt anything, I don't believe you can change the filename though without issues.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

@@Luke won't localization need to be added or changed for these ratings to honor their point values in parental control?

shorty1483

@@Luke won't localization need to be added or changed for these ratings to honor their point values in parental control?

It seems so. All movies are now in FSK format after a full library actualization. But just recognized that my parental control for my kids account (max. FSK-6, before it was DE-6) does not work anymore. Further it shows weird behaviour. My account shows all 573 movies in library. The kids account shows 388, but it should just show 86. After some investigations I saw that parental control ignores movies. Checked detailed info and nfos and the mpaa is a correct FSK-X value. This issue applies to movies from all ratings (0,6,12,16,18).

I also tried to change the localization values like suggested by you but this does not make any difference. I'm also not quite sure what the values in the txt stand for when comparing with other countries mpaa.

FSK-0,1
FSK-6,5
FSK-12,7
FSK-16,8
FSK-18,9

57ea32805be4b_Unbenannt.jpg

Something else I can do on user side to make parental controls work again @@Luke @@ebr ?

Edited by shorty1483

After some investigations I saw that parental control ignores movies. 

If you didn't select the option to "Block items with no or unrecognized rating information" for the Movie type, then everything will be let through because we can no longer match the ratings due to the change in key value.

shorty1483

If you didn't select the option to "Block items with no or unrecognized rating information" for the Movie type, then everything will be let through because we can no longer match the ratings due to the change in key value.

Good point, thanks! Helped a lot to activate it for movies and series. Now all above FSK-6 is not shown. 

But now, kids account has 51 movies instead of the expected 86. I checked and some of FSK-0 and FSK-6 movies are missing. Before you ask, no, the movies have no custom parental mpaa set in Metadata Manager.

Do I just need to wait? Is there something on server side that still needs to be changed?

Edited by shorty1483

The movie Money Monster always gets a R rating for me instead of german FSK.

When i try to set the rating manually using the emby webapp i am only able to can choose between US R and German DE-Ratings :o

v0wCNpv.png

Using the latest beta from today but problem appeared also yesterday when i was using the last one. ;)

Edited by b0mb

That looks like a rating that came from an external metadata program...

Emby did and there is no way to get this fixed....

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

Emby did and there is no way to get this fixed....

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

The "Rated R for...." ....Emby did not do that. We do not save ratings like that, sorry.