Emby Kodi and German RATINGS

b0mb
Go to solution Solved by shorty1483,

Hi!

I´ve allready opened a thread in the german section these days but nobody reacts so i try my luck here again. ;)

I´d really appreciate if you guys could realize that kodi is showing german ratings instead of us ratings for my movies.

I know that Emby itself shows the rating in another format than kodi can read but it would be gr8 if you might be able

to handle this via the emby addon for kodi. :)

thx in advance!

b0mb

shorty1483

It's a config setting depending on the skin used. Most skins use FSK-X as indication for German rating, Emby uses DE-X.

The solution is modifying the skin XMLs yourself or asking the skin creator to support the Emby rating.

Titan supports it out of the box, but with othersI had slightly modify the rating code.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

Guardian Hope

Can you give an example? Does your Emby have german rating set right now? Isn't this supposed to be a skin thing @@marcelveldt @@im85288 @@Guardian Hope?

As @@shorty1483 pointed out, it's a thing set at the skin level. We use FSK-X in AZ:FA (as did AZ:E although we updated the textures to be more current) and Emby uses DE-X.

It seems most skins use FSK-X rather than DE-X. Now I don't know the difference between the two because there's usually just one rating board (i.e. MPAA gives films PG13, R, etc.) and there isn't someone else to say a difference.

Someone would have to explain why Emby uses DE-X @@Angelblue05 - it seems every German user I come across uses FSK-X. However, nevertheless, it's a skin level change to make DE-X supported and an option.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

So then, it should be a server feature request instead to change rating to FSK-X rather than using DE-X?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So then, it should be a server feature request instead to change rating to FSK-X rather than using DE-X?

Server request or kodi addon feature maybe I've thought [emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

Angelblue05

It would be a server request to support the rating.

The add-on's job is to sync and maintain the metadata between your server and Kodi. It's not there to convert the rating system, that would be way too complex if you consider all the different ratings per country. That is the server's job. If I were you, I'd post a feature request for it, while still having it being adjusted in your Kodi skin.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2