Emby Theater - Band information/details missing but shows in web browser

jayw654

Its really nice to have background information about the band but the infor seems not to exist in Emby Theater but exist when using a web browser. Please add band details/background band info to Emby Theater. Example from viewing from web browser below:

Ebmy%20Band%20Details%20Explained%20-%20

PrincessClevage

Its really nice to have background information about the band but the infor seems not to exist in Emby Theater but exist when using a web browser. Please add band details/background band info to Emby Theater. Example from viewing from web browser below:

Ebmy%20Band%20Details%20Explained%20-%20

A really nice feature in the old mceshoutcast addin for WMC was:

Option to scan web and scroll through hd pictures for the current artist playing, also showed if band has any upcoming concerts with in a selectable KM range. I'm sure the devs have a lot to do right now with the new ET release, maybe something for them to consider for the future...

Edited by PrincessClevage

A really nice feature in the old mceshoutcast addin for WMC was:

Option to scan web and scroll through hd pictures for the current artist playing, also showed if band has any upcoming concerts with in a selectable KM range. I'm sure the devs have a lot to do right now with the new ET release, maybe something for the future...

Well I don't think your the boss so you do not have the power to make such decisions and nor do I. So please keep your dictatorship comments to yourself, Thanks!

P.S. Adding wouldn't be hard anyhow he already has the code written for the viewing in a web browser so so minor adjustments and it will work in Emby Theater. Lastly we have no really good way for playback on a PC and no one ca n control what browser makers do so the best course of action is to vastly improve Emby Theater which is something the author has control over.

Edited by jayw654

PrincessClevage

Just trying to add possible future ideas to make ET the must have app not suggesting something else was better. I am excited for the possibility to move off xbox360 and win7 reliance for WMC and respect all the efforts of the emby devs.

Just trying to add possible future ideas to make ET the must have app not suggesting something else was better. I am excited for the possibility to move off xbox360 and win7 reliance for WMC and respect all the efforts of the emby devs.

I deal with customers all day so its easy to get defensive as customers will run all over you if they can so if I misread something wrong and got defensive I apologized. I assume that 80 percent of customers are ignorant but sometimes I accidentally take it out on the other 20 percent. Kind of like cops we know most are bad but there are a few that get a bad wrap just because of the rest of them act like fools but the few that are decent don't deserve such treatment.

Now I am most interested in getting the holes closed up but having the same consistent features throughout all the apps is extremely important as well as it makes the Emby products seem more complete and solid. Making sure everything gets up to par and solid is the most important thing to do before adding tons of features as when it becomes more solid people have more faith in the product and will be far more likely to buy Emby Premiere. Emby already has tons of features and I know I asked for band details but that should be added quite quickly since other methods of accessing Emby already have it. Now making sure all Emby clients have the same features available will create consistently throughout all the apps and therefore a more complete experience..

Edited by jayw654