Settings for 24/7 Kodi Clients

osak00006

osak00006

Hi Guys,

First, thanks so much for the help so far. I've been making a lot of progress migrating from Kodi with MySQL to Emby as the backend for Kodi and Luke has been a tremendous help so far. 

That said, I'm running into an issue where my Kodi clients don't seem to pull the latest changes I make, on the server side, to content. For example, adding/removing movies from Collections... 

As a starting point, could someone please let me know the recommended "best practice" settings on both the Server and also Emby for Kodi, so ensure that the Kodi clients stay in-sync, with each change I make on the Server?

Right now, I have everything setup with Emby for Kodi... but once I make a change on the Server, the only time it syncs to the Kodi client is after I restart the Kodi device. 

From there, if you could let me know what kind of logs -- debugging or standard -- you'd like to see from my Emby Server (Unraid) as well as my Kodi clients (LibreELEC)

Thanks!

Edited by osak00006

Angelblue05

Welcome :)

For future reference, we have our own forum section for Emby for Kodi: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/99-kodi/

Here's how to set up your logs and post them (stickied in our kodi forum): http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

You mention collections, but unfortunately, the real-time update for them does not exist in the list of events the server communicates to the add-on. When modifying collections, you will need to run a manual sync. You can find the option by launching emby for kodi > Perform manual sync.

You will want to install the kodi sync queue server plugin, this will keep track of changes at all times. This way, when you start Kodi, it will already know what changed since last time it was online, rather than doing a manual sync which takes a bit longer since it compares between the emby database and kodi database. However, if Kodi will be running 24/7, it won't make a difference.

For the logs, we just need your Kodi log that contains your test to repeat the bug. This is all we need, thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05

osak00006

Welcome :)

For future reference, we have our own forum section for Emby for Kodi: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/99-kodi/

Here's how to set up your logs and post them (stickied in our kodi forum): http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

You mention collections, but unfortunately, the real-time update for them does not exist in the list of events the server communicates to the add-on. When modifying collections, you will need to run a manual sync. You can find the option by launching emby for kodi > Perform manual sync.

You will want to install the kodi sync queue server plugin, this will keep track of changes at all times. This way, when you start Kodi, it will already know what changed since last time it was online, rather than doing a manual sync which takes a bit longer since it compares between the emby database and kodi database. However, if Kodi will be running 24/7, it won't make a difference.

For the logs, we just need your Kodi log that contains your test to repeat the bug. This is all we need, thanks.

Thanks! Testing now and tomorrow AM. Any tips on modifying Collections? It seems like the Box Sets add on just forces them back to TheMovieDB default collections... for example, deleting the Thor, Iron Man, Avengers collections and manually creating a Marvel Cinematic Universe collection...

Not sure if that is add on or server issue...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

As you know in Kodi, there can only be one collection assign per movie. Just do all your modifications in the emby webclient, then once finished, in Kodi, launch the emby add-on and select perform manual sync. It will pick up on your modifications and should update accordingly.

osak00006

As you know in Kodi, there can only be one collection assign per movie. Just do all your modifications in the emby webclient, then once finished, in Kodi, launch the emby add-on and select perform manual sync. It will pick up on your modifications and should update accordingly.

It does, temporarily... but then the default collections seem to respawn and reclaim the movies. They literally disappear from my manually created collection and the old ones appear again...

Angelblue05

It does, temporarily... but then the default collections seem to respawn and reclaim the movies. They literally disappear from my manually created collection and the old ones appear again...

Ah ok, I get what you mean. Hmm, I would probably start a new thread for your question so it's seen and provide the following: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Once everything is to your liking in the webclient, then sync to Kodi should reflect this.