HD Home Run Prime with 3 tuners

Vitale4
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

Vitale4

Ok - Did a few more tests as requested.  The following is the process I took...

1. Started iPhone and connected to Emby and started streaming another channel successfully from HDHR Tuner 1.  Started EMBY Theater and Streamed a channel.  Connected to HDHR Tuner 2 and Streaming ok.  Stopped the iPhone via the X and the HDHR showed Tuner 1 was now available. Stopped Emby Theater and HDHR showed Tuner 2 was available. (All seemed to work ok)..

2. Started EMBY Theater and Streamed a channel.  Connected to HDHR Tuner 1 and Streaming ok.  Started iPhone and connected to Emby and selected a channel to stream.  HDHR showed the channel connected to Tuner 2, but nothing would play.  Waiting for awhile and an image appeared on the iPhone of a scene from the channel I was going to stream - but that was all.  tapped the screen, clicked the X which allowed the HDHR Tuner 2 to show available.  I stopped EMBY Theater and Tuner 1 showed available.  I tried to connect via the iPhone one more time without streaming to EMBY Theater and could not get it to stream - same as indicated above.  I closed EMBY Theater by closing the browser tab it was running in, waiting 1 minute, then tried iPhone again and it streamed ok.  I then started EMBY Theater and everything worked again.

Streaming seems to work fine to a mobile device when I start with the mobile device.  If I switch the order it seems to not work.  The interesting part is with the image I attached.  Notice it says last seen 8 minutes ago.  However, I am still streaming to my iPhone.  Expected to see the image of what I am streaming and the frames per second indicator.  I did get this image for a brief time, then it to the attached.

I will do the test next, when it fails and upload the Log files.

Thanks

post-10428-0-48887500-1473205631_thumb.png

Vitale4

Yes it was -- Attaching the logs as well Now:

Luke / Doofus - the logs are as follows:

Images zip file contains the images of the HDHR and EMBY so you can see what I see

ffmpeg zip file shows 2 logs and labeled accordingly.  the log labeled C505 worked, this was to Emby Theater.  The log labeled C506 did not work  - streaming to iPhone

Server Log Zip file contains 2 logs - 1 from last night to this test when I rebooted the server and the other is after I rebooted the server.

I all cases if I can stream to a mobile device first I am successful.  If I stream to something else, then try a mobile device, it does not work.  Not sure why...

ffmpeg-logs.zip

Images.zip

Server Logs.zip

Vitale4

Doofus - I will tell you... the update to the firmware on the HDHR has improved performance, especially when streaming to a ROKU Stick.  So thanks for that bit of information.

Vitale4

I will test later with a ROKU and Emby Theater... I seem to believe that I have not had any issue this way - but wanted to confirm as well.

Guest asrequested

I'm glad it's working well, for you. The issue between Emby and HDHR first happened at the beginning on the year. I think some updates to the server required some of the improvements in the firmware. They release updates often. So check them out once in a while

Vitale4

Luke - any idea on this potential issue?  I attached the logs and info as indicated.  It is not a huge issue, but would like to figure out why or what is causing the issue.

thanks

• 3 months later...
pr3dict

Sorry to bring this back but is there any update to this? Tuner 1 on my prime says "watching" and the iPad will not start watching on another tuner.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Sorry to bring this back but is there any update to this? Tuner 1 on my prime says "watching" and the iPad will not start watching on another tuner.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Hi there @@pr3dict, we're sorry to hear about this. In order for us to best help you, please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

• Like 1

Vitale4

pr3dict, I just tested my setup to see if problem still existed.  My issues seem to have cleared up.  I am able to watch LiveTV on both iPhone and EMBY Theater no matter the order in which I start the system.  Not sure of your setup, mine is as follows:

My HDHR Prime Version is: 20161117

Emby Server is: 3.1.2.0

I use a Mac Book Pro to stream EMBY Theater via Google Chrome (normally).  My current test was using Chrome version 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit) and the iPhone 6 with OS version 10.2.

I have noted that Emby Theater, in my setup, had sporadic issues while using Google Chrome but worked well in Safari.  

I will defer to Luke, but wanted to provide my setup and versions so that you can compare to what you are using.  If you provide the steps you have taken to produce the issue, I will test on my end to see if I also can reproduce it.

Thanks

Edited by Vitale4