HD Home Run Prime with 3 tuners

Vitale4
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

Vitale4

I have been using HD Home Run Prime with 3 tuners.  I know in the past we could use all 3 tuners to watch TV on 3 devices.  However, I have been trouble shooting an issue where when 1 person is watching LiveTV and another comes in, the 2nd or 3rd Tuner does not kick in.  The 2nd person only sees a spinning EMBY logo or the circle if on an iPad or iPhone.

Can someone let me know if I need to set something to get all 3 tuners to work again?

Emby Version is: 3.0.6400.0

HDHR Prime Tuner is: 

Hardware Model HDHR3-CC Firmware Version 20150826 DTCP-IP DTCP 1.7-SD20140607 WMDRM-NDT WMDRM 10-SD20130219 Memory Report 64 MB SDRAM, 2 MB Flash

Thanks

Vitale4

Will do -- was hoping someone else had the problem and knew a quick fix.  I just tested using the HDHR app on my Mac.  It was able to connect to the 2nd tuner - so I believe the problem is within EMBY itself.  Will attach the logs soon

Vitale4

ok:

1. Person one is currently watching Home and Garden Successfully from a Roku Stick

2. I tried Channel 509 (Big Bang Theory) from EMBY Theater - No Success

3. Tried an Android Device using EMBY and connecting to Channel ESPNHD - No Success

4. Used the HDHR App on Mac, connected without issue and Tuner 2 started to stream...

Transcode Log attached, will attach the server log next.  It is too big to attach. 

I ran the test at 8:03 PM EST.  for your Reference.

Thanks

ffmpeg-transcode-13abe842-cac5-41e9-8645-afa458dc3d95.txt

Guest asrequested

I have been using HD Home Run Prime with 3 tuners.  I know in the past we could use all 3 tuners to watch TV on 3 devices.  However, I have been trouble shooting an issue where when 1 person is watching LiveTV and another comes in, the 2nd or 3rd Tuner does not kick in.  The 2nd person only sees a spinning EMBY logo or the circle if on an iPad or iPhone.

Can someone let me know if I need to set something to get all 3 tuners to work again?

Emby Version is: 3.0.6400.0

HDHR Prime Tuner is: 

Hardware Model HDHR3-CC Firmware Version 20150826 DTCP-IP DTCP 1.7-SD20140607 WMDRM-NDT WMDRM 10-SD20130219 Memory Report 64 MB SDRAM, 2 MB Flash

Thanks

You have the old firmware. Try updating it here

Did you read this?

Edited by Doofus

Additionally, that's only one ffmpeg log, which looks successful from what I can see. I also need to see the server log.

Vitale4

Luke - I attached a zip file of the server log.  do you require another log?  In addition, Would you like me to attach other ffmpeg logs?

Doofus - The link takes me to a Beta Release.  Is it safe to assume that you have this beta version loaded and tested it thoroughly?  I am asking since the stable release is the one which is loaded already?  Trying to be careful and not introduce any additional or potential problems.

thanks

Guest asrequested

Luke - I attached a zip file of the server log.  do you require another log?  In addition, Would you like me to attach other ffmpeg logs?

Doofus - The link takes me to a Beta Release.  Is it safe to assume that you have this beta version loaded and tested it thoroughly?  I am asking since the stable release is the one which is loaded already?  Trying to be careful and not introduce any additional or potential problems.

thanks

I just installed it on mine. They release them often, and I periodically update. There are issues with Emby using the original firmware. Its perfectly safe...and necessary 

What time did you try Emby Theater? Emby Theater direct plays right to your tuner device without using Emby Server. If that playback is failing then it's going to be out of Emby's control. So that to me looks like something going on with the tuner. I would suggest updating to the beta firmware.

Vitale4

So I regularly check the site for updates:  https://www.silicondust.com/support/downloads/ and I confirmed that the stable release is: 20150826.   When I clicked on the link you provided, I see downloads for Beta3 which appears to be DVR related.  Is there a place for just the firmware? or do I need to install the app on my Mac and it will in turn update the Firmware on the HDHR Prime Device?

Sorry for the ignorance here - I was simply expecting the Firmware and not an app.

Vitale4

Luke - I did it at 8:03 pm EST.  I can do it again if you would like. I was connecting to Channel 509 WUSA, if that helps

Edited by Vitale4

Yea unfortunately that firmware release is a year old now and the newer versions come with valuable fixes. I am not aware right now how to get it without software, but i imagine you could just uninstall the software right after.

• Solution
Guest asrequested

So I regularly check the site for updates:  https://www.silicondust.com/support/downloads/ and I confirmed that the stable release is: 20150826.   When I clicked on the link you provided, I see downloads for Beta3 which appears to be DVR related.  Is there a place for just the firmware? or do I need to install the app on my Mac and it will in turn update the Firmware on the HDHR Prime Device?

Sorry for the ignorance here - I was simply expecting the Firmware and not an app.

No, this is how silconedust does it

• Like 1

Vitale4

Ok - so I downloaded the Mac Version.  I assume I can install it and it will then reach out to the device and update it... will try it now...

ok:

1. Person one is currently watching Home and Garden Successfully from a Roku Stick

2. I tried Channel 509 (Big Bang Theory) from EMBY Theater - No Success

3. Tried an Android Device using EMBY and connecting to Channel ESPNHD - No Success

4. Used the HDHR App on Mac, connected without issue and Tuner 2 started to stream...

Transcode Log attached, will attach the server log next.  It is too big to attach. 

I ran the test at 8:03 PM EST.  for your Reference.

Thanks

This particular transcoding log looks fine. is there one from an error session?

Vitale4

Thanks to all on this -- I just tested using EMBY Theatre and the Android.  they both seemed to work fine.  I will test some more with the ROKU as well.

Will keep you posted.

Vitale4

So did some more testing and had some sporadic issues -- Rebooted server and HDHR Prime, to ensure everything was cleared out.  

1. Started Roku and was streaming a channel.  Then Started Emby Theatre and was able to stream another channel.  

2. Started Roku again and was streaming a channel.  I then started my IPhone connected via LTE.  Emby showed the connection.  I selected a channel to stream, HDHR showed the channel I selected, by the Show never apeared.  The screen showed the spinning circle -- then went back to the main screen

Reset Everything again...

1. Started iOS (iPhone) Device and was able to stream a channel.  Started Emby Theatre and was able to stream a second channel without issue

2. Started Emby Theatre and was streaming a channel.  Then tried to connect the iOS device (iPhone) and selected the same channel I was streaming and the problem happened again.  The Mobile device would not connect.  tried, but no success.  the HDHR Prime did show the channel I selected but it never came through to the iPhone.

I will do more testing tomorrow and provide the logs then.    But wanted to provide something to look at or think about... :)

It appears that anytime I start a mobile device when something else is streaming, I tend to have an issue.  The only way to get it working is to restart the server and the HDHR device.  otherwise the Tuner 2, which represents the iPhone (in my case), never gets released.  This requires a restart of the HDHR device.

Edited by Vitale4

Vitale4

Will retest all tonight...

Luke -  When the iPhone connects, I stop the stream by clicking the X in the top right of the screen.  Note:  if I started watching with the iPhone first and do the this, the HDHR does remove that connection.  If I try to utilize a mobile device (iPhone or Android) second in the chain, it never gets connected - just keeps spinning even though the HDHR shows the connection. so at this point, there is no way of stopping the stream as it never gets to the screen to stop it.  Almost as if the mobile devices are looking at the incorrect Tuner (Tuner 1), which is why it works if I start with a mobile device.

Doofus - I will test with the LAN connection tonight as well.  My preliminary test last night yielded the same results, but cannot guarantee it.  

So tonight I will restart the entire setup and do my tests.  When the problem happens, I will attach the logs.