Emby Theater and Gamebrowser external players not running

lonelycode

lonelycode

Hi,

I have Emby Theater installed on Windows (7) HTPC, and gamebrwoeser installed as a server plugin:

• Game directory i set up as per instructions
  • Gamebrowser platforms are all set up
  • Game library is accessible and scanned as part of media library
  • External players set up for all platforms with the {path} and options as described in the forum elsewhere with the appropriate command line options for each

I have two issues:

1. When trying to hit "play" on the game screen, I get a spinner and nothing else, no error, and no emulator, it just spins and then eventually gives up. I've changed the path to the external player to be notepad.exe and I get the same behaviour, so the shell isn't even being invoked.

2. The second issue is that Emby isn't scanning the folders properly, and only some games (SNES / SegaCD, PS1) have the play button and metadata, while Genesis games do not have one.

The first issue is more of a problem, because in the old WMC plugin the games always launched. But I really like ET (and have a premium sub) so would like to get this feature working as well. I noticed someone else had a similar issue but no resolution at all.

I can't find any useful log messages either - where can I find the logs for the ET client?

Hope someone can help :-S

M.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
vinc010

Yes, of course.

I have an HTPC with Windows 10 64 bits, Emby Server and Emby Theater installed on it.

I recently installed gamebrowser with instructions found on this topic : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/16380-gamebrowser-guide/

In plugin configuration page, I have :

5868ec1e7d806_GameBrowser_Config.png

In Emby Theater, I configure as instructions too :

5868ec8a4016b_Theater_External_Player_Co

But when I want to play a game, I get a spinner and nothing else ; no error and no emulator launched :

5868ecf625235_Theater_Play_Game.png

When I try to launch a game in command line, all works fine :

5868ed67e772a_CMD_Play_Game.png

Thanks for your help @@Luke....and happy new year !

Vinc

have you tested those exact arguments on the command line? the arguments in your command line screenshot are different from your emby theater configuration.

vinc010

If you're talking about the fullscreen argument, I've try this three methods and they are all working (not that the drive letter is different because i'm on an other PC):

5873e7f74a64d_Capture.png

Thanks for the reply @@Luke.
I have already tried this solution that unfortunately generates the same problem.

I also tried to put the arguments on the same line (contrary to what marked in the options) but still the same.

Is it possible, in a log file, to see the exact command line that is executed?

Edited by vinc010