hide folders and themes in search

horstepipe

horstepipe

hey

I'd love to see the ability to hide folders and theme songs in global search, because they're absolutely uninteresting for users and mostly confuse the search result.

Regards

ruwJ4hQ.png

Edited by horstepipe

Happy2Play

This is one reason search needs to be type specific search option. 

And you are getting the "Folder" do to your folder structure.  It is not flat structure, correct?  I would guess you are using the boxset plugin also.

From my tests to replicate Folder in search.   \\Movies\300 Collection\BOTH Movies
57c8bbf5972b2_nested.jpg

You can use Custom CSS to hide "Folder" if you like.  But as noted above it is do to folder structure.

/*Hide Folder type in Search*/
#searchPage [data-type="Folder"] {display: none;}

Sorry don't have any themes to help there.

• Like 1

horstepipe

This is one reason search needs to be type specific search option. 

And you are getting the "Folder" do to your folder structure.  It is not flat structure, correct?  I would guess you are using the boxset plugin also.

From my tests to replicate Folder in search.   \\Movies\300 Collection\BOTH Movies

57c8bbf5972b2_nested.jpg

You can use Custom CSS to hide "Folder" if you like.  But as noted above it is do to folder structure.

/*Hide Folder type in Search*/
#searchPage [data-type="Folder"] {display: none;}

Sorry don't have any themes to help there.

yap I know it's because of my folder structure.

Just thought maybe it's not too hard to implement to not to show them at all. But custom css is perfect and absolutely enough. Do you have one for theme songs, too? Music files at all was ok for me, too. I'm not using music in Emby

Edited by horstepipe

themes are hidden from search, but i think you have a video stuck in your database from when it might have been falsely detected as a video. So it's not really the search that needs to improve but rather the database cleanup.

horstepipe

themes are hidden from search, but i think you have a video stuck in your database from when it might have been falsely detected as a video. So it's not really the search that needs to improve but rather the database cleanup.

Just realized where it comes from:

The movie theme mp3 has an artist saved in metadata which Emby took into database.

Can you suppress that behavior for theme files?

Edited by horstepipe

Happy2Play

Just realized where it comes from:

The movie theme mp3 has an interpret saved in metadata which Emby took into database.

Can you suppress that behavior for theme files?

What is "Interpret" suppose to translate to?  Google was no help.

Happy2Play

Since the theme is being recognized a Artist, there is not to hide without hiding all Artists.

horstepipe

Since the theme is being recognized a Artist, there is not to hide without hiding all Artists.

for me personally that's no problem because I don't have music at all in Emby. So please can you show me how to hide all artists with custom css?

The other option was to remove the artists information from all theme.mp3-files with mp3tag or similar, but how to tell Emby then to re-read the mp3-info so that the artists get removed from Emby database? There is no field for artists or music in metadata editor

Edited by horstepipe

Happy2Play

Well for custom css route

#searchPage [data-type="MusicArtist"] {display: none;}

The other option was to remove the artists information from all theme.mp3-files with mp3tag or similar, but how to tell Emby then to re-read the mp3-info so that the artists get removed from Emby database?

A library scan should pick up the changes.

horstepipe

thank's then I'll try this first.

horstepipe

unfortunately a library scan does not pick up the changes. I cleaned up all metadata from all theme.mp3 files with mp3tag and refreshed and cleaned the Emby database, but the artist is still in search results and the theme title is still stored in Emby when I enter the movie.

Edited by horstepipe

Happy2Play

That css code should have removed them, if it didn't then it is a different data-type then I thought.

• Like 1

horstepipe

That css code should have removed them, if it didn't then it is a different data-type then I thought.

Thank's for the code, I'll use it.

But I think it is better to get rid of those unneeded artists, too. If I understand the css right, the artists are not shown, but they are being scanned anyway.

So for search performance it should be a good thing to find a way to avoid this behavior of theme artist creaton..?

Happy2Play

That is the server reading embedded metadata from all mp3 content.  So I doubt there will ever be a feature to disable that.

• 1 month later...
ABNParatrooper

Unless I am missing something, but there used to be an option on the Home screen settings to hide boxsets. I do not see that anymore. I want to hide boxsets from the homescreen.

Happy2Play

Unless I am missing something, but there used to be an option on the Home screen settings to hide boxsets. I do not see that anymore. I want to hide boxsets from the homescreen.

You mean the "Display a collections view to show movie collections"?  Dashboard-Library-Display