UWP on Xbox One

icthusman1

FrostByte

I saw the post that theater is in the store now.  Could it be that MS was confused about two Emby apps being submitted at the same time?  Odd that it's taking so long

icthusman1

Yeah, I just downloaded Emby Theater. I found out about that from 2 blogs and not from the Emby team (about it being on Xbox One that is since I discovered it last week in the Win10 store). I like that Emby Theater has basically all the options of the web site, but I think this app might be the better option. If it ever makes it to the store.

7illusions

A little update: There seems to be a big issue with store, it's not just my app, several others have the sam e issue. Seems like they can't publish the data to Store.. It's a escalated issue and several people working on it, but my hopes are not too high..

• Like 1

MSattler

A little update: There seems to be a big issue with store, it's not just my app, several others have the sam e issue. Seems like they can't publish the data to Store.. It's a escalated issue and several people working on it, but my hopes are not too high..

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Grote345

Just downloaded the app on my xbox one don't see it in the store on the new app section but if you search for the Emby app it does show up on my xbox one :)

icthusman1

Just downloaded the app on my xbox one don't see it in the store on the new app section but if you search for the Emby app it does show up on my xbox one :)

Did you download "Emby"? Or "Emby Theater"? They are different apps and the Emby Theater one was in the store already.

First app is available on Xbox One for me (Germany).

But after installing, I cannot start the app. App crashes with an error : 0x803f81f5 :-(

Anything I can do ?

Edited by cherup

7illusions

First app is available on Xbox One for me (Germany).

But after installing, I cannot start the app. App crashes with an error : 0x803f81f5 :-(

Anything I can do ?

Is it Emby or Emby Theater that crashes?

We really need the ET users to post in the ET area, this is getting confusing :)

I've asked Luke the other day about creating a new Emby Theatre forum and sub-forums for each platform.

He said yes, but I guess we need Abo to take a look.

I think they already created the ET group. The XB1 ET questions are being posted to both groups by the ET users

It's getting very confusing :)

Just the sub-forums for platforms etc.

Then someone to organise it.

• Like 1

Just installed the trial version (waiting for beta version availability) of the app onto my Xbox One, so where should I post feedback about this app on the Xbox One?

In the Emby forums, in which case which one, or via HockeyApp?

• Like 1

Just a few issues on bitbucket :)

Not sure if it's the trial version, but navigation is very poor on the Xbox One.

Pressing the menu button on the controller, nothing is highlighted until you move. Moving around the UI seems a bit hit and miss as well.

That was my first impression, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Will continue to play :)

@7illusions: the UI of the app looks like a phone or tablet app in vertical mode instead of horizontal mode, is this intentionally?

I find it quite irritating to navigate especially reaching the menu on the top left.

7illusions

The top left menu is reached by pressing the menu button on your controller. (Left of X)

The navigation is a bit cumbersome on Xbox on current release, an update is coming very soon which will fix this.

• Like 1

Counterfitninja

Hey 7,

Love the new app on my SP4/950XL and great that its now on my XBONE.

Someone design questions. My TV is only 720P and the moment ( its 1080i but xbox only lets me use 720p) so when the app loads all I get is basically a full screen of the latest movies titles screens. I love Density in thing like this and would like to see more on screen at once. So Is it possible to have a option to make that thinner? and also the next up episodes screen smaller? ( would like to be able to choose on both XBOX and SP4)

one additional thing, I have a user for day to day so that my kids don't see things they shouldn't, but if you could find a way to switch users without the password ( maybe a pin, or assign the emby user to the xbox user somehow? appreciate this may not be an app issues but a server issues. if so then I can raise it there.  )

Appreciate this is probably loads of work and I should really just get a 1080p TV but thought It was worth an ask.

As I use the XBOX app ill provide feed back as and when I find it.

• Like 1

The server already has a feature to allow you to assign an "Easy Pin Code" to use in place of a complex password when on your local network.

• Like 2

Counterfitninja

The server already has a feature to allow you to assign an "Easy Pin Code" to use in place of a complex password when on your local network.

DOH, my bad, not even seen that before. thanks