UWP on Xbox One

icthusman1

arrbee99

Just having a quick experiment with 7illusions Emby app on XB1 - it quickly developed a habit of skipping from the top row to the third row (if the third row is the one with the music), skipping the one above that, when moving up and down the app (hope that's not too confusing). Part of the navigation thing you're updating maybe ?

That's on a 720p screen, if its relevant.

Also some of the rows seem to vary considerably in size - music images stay small, video images very big.

• Like 1

Is it possible for the mobile/tablet app to turn on the Xbox, launch the app into the movie I choose on the tablet? I know that the app Readit does that.

7illusions

Hmm.. Potentially. Would need a WakeOnLan signal to be sent to wake it up, and some minor changes in the app.

I'll add that to the backlog for investigation.

Thanks! Tbh if one needs to open the app on both systems for the remote control part of the app to work, it kinds of defeats the purpose if one has to reach for the actual remote ^^

FrostByte

I can turn on my xb1 and start games from my tablet using the xb1 app.  You would think you could do the same with apps

Edit: there is also the Smart Glass app.  I've used that to play and control music using the music app from my phone.  So I would think it could be made to do it somehow

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

icthusman1

Readit (and other apps) are using the new handoff feature in Anniversary update. I didn't realize Readit would actually turn on the Xbox but the rest of it is a cool feature. And it is not Xbox specific. Any device on Anniversary update that shares your MS account can have commands sent to it. Another fun app that utilizes this is Share Across Devices. That one is free as well if you wanted to see it in action @@7illusions.

• Like 2

Hi

Thanks for the new app on XBOX One.

I've noticed that when browsing TV shows, I cannot get the selection 'box' to stay on a season. The icons for each season in my collection are shown, but I cannot move the cursor to any of them. Sometimes it will show the first icon in the list as selected, but quickly the highlight disappears.

EDIT:

The behaviour seems to occur only with shows where there is no cast list associated with them. Hope this helps

Cheers

Edited by johnbury

7illusions

Hi,

There are som pretty annoying navigation issues in the current release, a new build is in certification at MS right now. Once that one is released this, and a lot of other issues, should be resolved.

• Like 3

Deathsquirrel

Hi,

There are som pretty annoying navigation issues in the current release, a new build is in certification at MS right now. Once that one is released this, and a lot of other issues, should be resolved.

Excellent news, thanks 7!

7illusions

Good news, v4.0.117 is now rolling out. Some of you might actually be able to find the update in Store already. :)

• Like 2

deadonthefloor

Is anyone on XBOX Preview Program?

I'm on a new preview build and the app crashes on server login.

Attempting to relaunch the app shows the emby logo, then a zoomed in emby logo, then crash.

I'm thinking this may be due to the Preview build, but wanted to ask just in case.

Server logs the error:

2016-09-12 19:52:32.4930 Error HttpServer: Error in SharpWebSocket: An exception has occurred while receiving a message.. Exception.Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Edited by deadonthefloor

Deathsquirrel

Playback hangs for me in my limited testing.  I haven't played with the app on the xbox much since I'm waiting for the navigation fixes, but video playback freezes with HD H264/DTS-HD content.  The same videos playback without a hitch on the theater client which should have the same underlying playback libraries.

Counterfitninja

Is anyone on XBOX Preview Program?

I'm on a new preview build and the app crashes on server login.

Attempting to relaunch the app shows the emby logo, then a zoomed in emby logo, then crash.

I'm thinking this may be due to the Preview build, but wanted to ask just in case.

Server logs the error:

2016-09-12 19:52:32.4930 Error HttpServer: Error in SharpWebSocket: An exception has occurred while receiving a message.. Exception.Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

im on the preview ring for xbox and the inital version was launching fine.

I am also testing the lastest version and it it a massive improvement, so hold tight.

• Like 1

7illusions

Unfortunately the update has been delayed. The app has been marked using the Emby name and Logo without permission and therefor updates aren't possible to submit until logo and name has been changed.

You got to be kidding :angry: 

Nice job@@Luke,@ebr

"Hi, the confusion will be rectified soon. Thank you for your patience and support."

I suppose this is one way to reduce confusion. I will give you the benefit of the doubt for like two seconds. That this was a mistake from at least a timing standpoint and your gonna fix this and give 7 some time for a new name and logo.

Unfortunately the update has been delayed. The app has been marked using the Emby name and Logo without permission and therefor updates aren't possible to submit until logo and name has been changed.

Is that MS imposing the restrictions, or Emby?

7illusions

Also, no need for blaming anyone. Luke asked me a while ago to change name and logo, I've just worked on features instead of that.

AND, it could be a tester at Microsoft, or a user, who has reported two very similar looking logos and names.

• Like 1

This was not us. We did ask him to re-brand and we were going to give him his own time and space to do that. We were going to wait patiently for him to do that. We have been communicating the entire time and we/I would never do that. My only guess is that it was either flagged automatically, or by a Microsoft tester due our developer name being Emby, LLC. Or perhaps it was reported by a user. My guess is that it was probably Microsoft. All of the stores now are preemptively taking measures to avoid situations like this so I think that's what it was.

• Like 2

Seems like a easy fix then.

"The emby name and logo are being used by express permission granted by Emby LLC."

7illusions

I'll have a logo proposal on a beta tonight. :)

Actually, I think we just had bad luck. We both submitted updates to the store at almost the same time. Both with same logo. Most likely a tester noticed, since they've started being a lot harder on testing starting with Xbox one.

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 2