Strangely Not able to play Season 6 of suits!!!

838Joel

Angelblue05

I can't explain it. But it's definitely not an Emby for Kodi issue. The job of the add-on is to provide the path to Kodi. It's done that, it's not involved in anything else pass that.

Kodi is unable to open the file - Didn't work:

18:42:06 T:140669750331136   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [/share/TV Shows/Suits/Season 6/Suits.S06E03.Back.on.the.Map.WEBDL-1080p.mkv]

Kodi is able to open the file - Did work:

18:41:35 T:140672681084928  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: /share/TV Shows/Suits/Season 5/Suits.S05E15.Tick.Tock.WEBDL-1080p.mkv

Can you try the following: Go to Kodi settings > add-ons > install from zip. Navigate to the season 6 folder. Does Kodi throws an error or does it open the folder (you won't see the content which is normal)? Let me know and we'll go from there. From a different device, is the folder accessible?

Edited by Angelblue05

838Joel

I'm looking now on the Emby server logs... At some point I see that:

2016-08-29 18:41:11.0174 Debug Dlna: Found matching device profile: Kodi

2016-08-29 18:41:11.0182 Debug Dlna: Found matching device profile: Kodi

Later I see that:

2016-08-29 18:46:36.7407 Info Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used.

So, I check my configuration, and the user set now was HTPC, but I did put that probably when I did re-install everything.... I can recall that the user was Kodi before!

So I change it back to Kodi (Server and addon) in the configurations.... Now forcing a repair on the Kodi/addons DB, and I will see if that change something! BRB

838Joel

Same situation: On Season 6 I have this:

2016-08-29 21:19:20.2485 Info Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used. Host: 192.168.100.50:8096 Connection: close

Is that relevant? I don't know!

I don't get it, I did re-install everything so many times, unless it's related to DB on the server, corrupted? Is un-install and re-install Emby server remove and re-create the DB? If not, then probably garbage from the old DB still!!!

Angelblue05

Dlna has nothing to do with the add-on. It's just a different way to access server content in Kodi with less options.

Your issue is not server related either. Kodi is unable to open the file. So it's most likely something related to your environment and those specific files. Is it something you are able to do, reset the permissions on those files and re-apply them, in case something funky is going on. Maybe move one file to season 5 to see if it's then playable. The big question is why would it play everything correctly, except those files. This is why I'm so insisting on this. Unless you tell me all your new episodes in every show added does not work?

But if I go via SMB directly on the remote server, it's there and work...

Can you expand on what this means exactly and how is it relevant to the situation?

Can you also confirm you are able to playback those files in the Emby webclient for example?

Edited by Angelblue05

838Joel

Going to sleep now, but I will continu investigationg tomorrow... And thanks for you help, it's really appreciated...

But to your last question, today I tried to play Season 5 on my Android phone having Kodi... And strangely it was not playing! Anyway I'll do more testing tomorrow by moving files, etc... Will let you know for sure!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Your paths are probably not network paths, is this correct? For now, you can probably play your content using http by going to the add-on settings > playback > enable Play from HTTP.

Anyway, I'll be around to help.

Edited by Angelblue05

838Joel

Angelblue05, to respond to one of your question

The big question is why would it play everything correctly, except those files. This is why I'm so insisting on this. Unless you tell me all your new episodes in every show added does not work?

Yes all my new episodes in every show added are not working... BUT, why all new movies are working?

Also, yes my path for shows or movies is not a network path, but direct /share/TV Shows or /share/Movies...

Anyhow, I did put the setting about playing it thru http instead of SMB... And now all TV Shows episodes are working....

• Like 1

breezytm

Angelblue05, to respond to one of your question

Yes all my new episodes in every show added are not working... BUT, why all new movies are working?

Also, yes my path for shows or movies is not a network path, but direct /share/TV Shows or /share/Movies...

Anyhow, I did put the setting about playing it thru http instead of SMB... And now all TV Shows episodes are working....

Use path substitution my friend. Would make your life much easier. 

- I think that should be a step when creating a library in emby with the option to skip it if the user chooses not to do it. 

P.S I really did think Suits season 6 stopped working because it is really trash :)

Edited by breezytm

838Joel

Breezytm,

I did use that path substitution before, and kind of not work out!!! Did change to \\Server\TV Shows\ and did not help.

If that was only because of the Show Suits, I would agree, but other shows are affected as well.... Like they say, happy wife, happy life!

838Joel

There is multiple folder named "userdata", but the first I look into is having indeed a password.xml.

What should I do, because basically here what it contain:

<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.100.50/</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://Joel:mypassword@192.168.100.50/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://SUBCONSCIOUS/TV Shows</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://Joel:mypassword@SUBCONSCIOUS/TV Shows/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

My server Subconscious is 192.168.100.50.

Should I empty it all and just keep <passwords></passwords> ?

This is my two password files that are the same inside:

./share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KODI/root/.kodi/userdata/passwords.xml

./share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HD_Station/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KODI/root/.kodi/userdata/passwords.xml

Edited by 838Joel
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Remove both, just keep the <passwords></passwords>

By the way, is Kodi located on the same device as where your server is located?

You can try to disable play from HTTP to see if it's able to playback directly. Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

838Joel

Will do shortly...

No, I have two NAS server like I mentionned in my first post. NAS1 have QMono and Emby server, nad my NAS2 have the Kodi on it.

838Joel

well I edit the first one, and both passwords.xml file changed!!!!

Strange, because I don<t see any link between those files

838Joel

okay I found the link:

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HD_Station/root] # ls -la

lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    administ        43 Aug 30 10:54 .kodi -> /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KODI/root/.kodi/

Angelblue05

Ok, you'll need path substitution in Emby to get this to work most likely. How about you do a path substitution using 

to: \\192.168.100.50\

Enter the network credentials in the add-on settings > playback. Server name will be the IP address, user: Joel, and the password to go with it. Restart Kodi. Then, try disabling play from HTTP, to test out direct play using the path substitution. Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

838Joel

Okay, did all that, but I had to stop Qmono & Emby and restart them on NAS1... Then start back Kodi on NAS2, tested and all is working without the http->smb checked!

I can see my passwords.xml file look like this now

<passwords>
  <path>
    <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.100.50/</from>
    <to pathversion="1">smb://Joel:mypassword@192.168.100.50/</to>
  </path>
</passwords>

And of course I did substitute /share/ to \\192.168.100.50\ on the Emby server library itself...

This is good news, but I still wonder why it was partially working before with old downloaded TV Shows and not the new one... And moreover why this was not the case for old movies vs new movies that was always working... Mystery here!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Truly a mystery, I agree. Well, glad it's resolved. :)

Hopefully moving forward, everything will remain working. What was weird in your previous passwords.xml - is that you had one set up for TV Shows exclusively, and it was missing a slash, meaning when Kodi would try to apply the substitution for the password, there was a double slash like: smb://user:pass@servername//TV Shows - Maybe it came into play somehow?

Edited by Angelblue05

• 1 year later...

We have a new QNAP package available for testing:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51334-new-qnap-package-for-testing/

Unlike the current package in the QNAP community, this is built by the Emby Team and will be tested and supported by us. It is also built with the new .NET Core runtime from Microsoft, which has major performance improvements over the mono runtime used by the community package. 

Please try it out if interested in helping us test it. Thanks !