More options for scheduled Libary scan

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

Hi Developers,

Would it be possible to add more control over the scheduled library scan to add the following function:

If using network storage send ping to server name, if reply start scan, if no reply do not start scan and retry ping in xx (user inputs value in seconds) time.

The driver for this request is for those of us who have Network attached storage and while at work set the network attached storage to standy or off (using WOL commands when someone starts WMC to auto power on the NAS or I send a manual wol from my iPhone or WOL addin to WMC if on the lounge room main unit which WMC is always running) for power saving while not in use the scheduled scan may occur and then display all media as "Offline" and all media art is lost until next successful scan. The NAS may not be woken by WOL from starting a WMC session as there are times when WMC may not get used each day making scheduling difficult

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
PrincessClevage

Yes and No, online if something new is found in Movies content type.  Are you saying Realtime Monitoring is scanning while your NAS is Offline? (Logs Please)

So your saying you need a specific start stop shedule?  How long do your scans take?  Setting Scan Library task at 3am wouldn't accomplish the same?

This really should be in a topic of its own.

In my scan Library schedule settings I have two entries one I created which is Scan every Sunday at 11:30pm limit for 7 hours and a second entry that I assume is directly linked to "enable real time monitoring" = scan library every 15mins. During the week days my images etc are a mess (NAS powers off during week days unless needed) So I can only assume that EMby server is running a library scan while the NAS is off and as soon as a full library scan completes images are back to normal presentation.

The original request in this thread would possibly be the best solution but might require more effort and a short term solution with less effort might be to add control like Plex has e.g set a hard window when certain tasks can run.

Happy2Play

In my scan Library schedule settings I have two entries one I created which is Scan every Sunday at 11:30pm limit for 7 hours and a second entry that I assume is directly linked to "enable real time monitoring" = scan library every 15mins. During the week days my images etc are a mess (NAS powers off during week days unless needed) So I can only assume that EMby server is running a library scan while the NAS is off and as soon as a full library scan completes images are back to normal presentation.

The original request in this thread would possibly be the best solution but might require more effort and a short term solution with less effort might be to add control like Plex has e.g set a hard window when certain tasks can run.

I don't have this setting so it has to be a custom setting.  Are you saying you can't delete it?

And the setting for Realtime Monitoring is actually in your system.xml and it is set to 60 seconds.

PrincessClevage

Thanks I was not sure if the 15min tasks was for realtime monitoring or not, I did ask this question several times before but no answer. I have deleted the 15 min scheduled library scan and as a test I have added new media which was picked up without the need for a scheduled scan. I will leave it for 1 week to see if this resolves the issue. Thanks for your help.

Edited by PrincessClevage

CBers

Real-time Monitoring is enabled in the settings for each library - you do not have to schedule a task.

If your NAS goes offline (why?), disable Real-time Monitoring and change your library scan to run ONLY when your NAS is online.

I don't have this setting so it has to be a custom setting.  Are you saying you can't delete it?

And the setting for Realtime Monitoring is actually in your system.xml and it is set to 60 seconds.

The setting to enable realtime monitoring is in the emby server dashboard. You do not need to edit any config files in order to set this the way you want.

PrincessClevage

Real-time Monitoring is enabled in the settings for each library - you do not have to schedule a task.

If your NAS goes offline (why?), disable Real-time Monitoring and change your library scan to run ONLY when your NAS is online.

My Nas shuts down as it is usually not needed during the week days from 7am-5pm (to save on electricity costs and only liveTV and tV recordings to local disk are used) and I would still like to keep realtime monitoring enabled, hence why Mentioned that in the emby vs Plex thread that plex has an option to set a hard window when certain scheduled tasks can run that might be a quick short term fix, but original post might be a better long term solution that requires more effort tho. Edited by PrincessClevage

• 3 weeks later...
PrincessClevage

The setting to enable realtime monitoring is in the emby server dashboard. You do not need to edit any config files in order to set this the way you want.

Has real time monitoring methods changed in the last server build as newly added media is not showing up ( I only have 1 weekly scheduled scan remaining in scheduled tasks) ? I have realtime monitoring enabled at the top level folder in emby server configuration

PrincessClevage

Nothing has changed related to this, no.

I have added several list of new media for testing but they are only picked up when I force a library scan. Which config file can I check for realtime monitoring setting ? Real time monitoring is not a scheduled task correct?

Just click on the library in library setup and check that the real-time monitor option is checked.

PrincessClevage

Just click on the library in library setup and check that the real-time monitor option is checked.

It is enabled. Anything else I should check? Should I check the value in system.xml? Should there be failed attempts in the system log if real time checks every 60secs? Edited by PrincessClevage

Happy2Play

Don't think you want to troubleshoot this in your future request so I would start a new topic with a server log.  But you are looking for "LibraryMonitor" in your server log.

• Like 1