Server - Ping NAS offset

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

I've mentioned this in the past, and I'm officially mentioning it now.  Can we please have a server offset to determine when something is truly missing from a library?  I had another power outage (long story, but had to do w/ me flipping breakers while adding zwave light switches) where my Emby server came up well before my NAS , and every item in the library was removed from the catalog due to the boot order.  As soon as the NAS comes online I have to do a manual library scan to fill the empty libraries, which takes forever.  WAF is plummeting as I type.  Please, I beg of you, can we have an offset so this doesn't happen?  My shares were all mounted as soon as the NAS was back up, but Emby shouldn't treat missing shares as missing libraries.... at least not until I say it should....  

• Like 2

Cerothen

I agree that this has always been inconvenient. It would be nice if an entire path goes missing to skip it in scans and ask in a notification to server admin accounts if it should be removed.

As I run emby in an lxc container, it's actually faster for me to restore the container than it is to resync the library even with meta data stored with the files.

Edited by Cerothen

• 6 months later...
e123enitan

I totally agreed, this has been a major issue for me, each time the NAS is off line for maintenance or Power outage, once the server comes back online and try to established a connection with NAS if not found all the media posters etc just disappeared, I had to start a manual refresh, which could take a time before everything back to normal, until the next time this happen.

Unfortunately, It's not feasible even shut down the PC server just for the sake of NAS maintenance, as I have several other servers ( Free PBX, Genius Vision CCTV, DVBViewer Media Server for Live TV) running concurrently on the same PC.

Hope a solution is sort in the next release

• Like 1

e123enitan

Hi Luke, any potential opportunity of have this issue resolved soon, Overnight there an heavy downpour of rains which caused several power-grids to shutdown, the rest is obvious my neighborhood lost power, then my NAS is offline from PC server now  I have to kick a manual process to rescan my libraries again!

:angry:  :(  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Happy2Play

Hi Luke, any potential opportunity of have this issue resolved soon, Overnight there an heavy downpour of rains which caused several power-grids to shutdown, the rest is obvious my neighborhood lost power, then my NAS is offline from PC server now  I have to kick a manual process to rescan my libraries again!

:angry:  :(  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Isn't a temporary fix just disable "Scan media library" and manually scan as needed?

e123enitan

Isn't a temporary fix just disable "Scan media library" and manually scan as needed?

Not sure if I ready your response right, we should expect long term fix, so each this happen, I had to re scan the library, what if I am not around my LAN+WAN clients would have nothing to watch until I return back home for a distance travel, almighty wife and children of the corn will crucify me live, how do I explain to wife husband when she want to watch her favorite shows , I am dead. :lol:  :D  :D

Edited by e123enitan

The next release of Emby Server will allow you to selectively scan individual media libraries. Not exactly what you need, but a step closer.

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

Not sure if I ready your response right, we should expect long term fix, so each this happen, I had to re scan the library, what if I am not around my LAN+WAN clients would have nothing to watch until I return back home for a distance travel, almighty wife and children of the corn will crucify me live, how do I explain to wife husband when she want to watch her favorite shows , I am dead. :lol::D:D

More options for scheduled Libary scan

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_type=t&share_fid=77624&share_tid=38241&url=https%3A%2F%2Femby%2Emedia%2Fcommunity%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F38241-More-options-for-scheduled-Libary-scan

e123enitan

Thanks, this recon's seems to resolved my issue, when the NAS is offline/ back online the server media data seems refresh quickly, I just simple process refresh Library when and then.

Awesome Cheers!

Edited by e123enitan