Program Launcher Support Page

snazy2000

shaefurr

Yeah you can, it does have an extra step since its a metro app.

Download MetroLauncher Type 2 from HERE

Extract MetroLauncher2.exe somewhere on your PC, and rename it to "Hulu Plus.exe"

Use the program launcher to run the Hulu Plus.exe

One note: using this method, when you press the "ESC" key it will exit Hulu, if you don't want it to do that, follow the same process but use the MetroLauncher2Desktop.exe from the same zip you downloaded.

• Like 1

shaefurr

Yeah actually really handy, it works with almost every metro app.

Just click the charm search button and type the app name, if the app comes up as the first result it will work fine.

It does have limitations like with MB. If you use "Media Browser" wanting to launch the Media Browser (8.1 app) MBT comes up first so that's what it will launch. Haven't really fiddled with it to see if there's a workaround.

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
atd125

I have looked through the thread and I think I have a new issue not yet reported. With the recent upgrade I made to Emby (v.3.0.5571.41151) and Program Launcher (v.1.0.5407.23647). Issue:

After installed, the "Settings" button won't work in Emby. Cannot access it or click it. I have to go to the plugins folder to remove it in order to recover access to the "Settings" tab in Emby.

• 1 month later...
TrainAss

I have looked through the thread and I think I have a new issue not yet reported. With the recent upgrade I made to Emby (v.3.0.5571.41151) and Program Launcher (v.1.0.5407.23647). Issue:

After installed, the "Settings" button won't work in Emby. Cannot access it or click it. I have to go to the plugins folder to remove it in order to recover access to the "Settings" tab in Emby.

I'm getting the same thing. And it does it on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 in any version of Emby Theater.

• 1 month later...
srgsng25

Any update as to when we might see a fix for the program launcher i have just reinstalled windows 10 on them and have lost all my launcher setting for my Amazon, Radio steaming if i can help pleas let me know i am great at copy and paste for coding

• 1 month later...
Nelcruz

Just purchased and cannot access settings, add programs and the website on the plugin page doesnt work...

snazy2000

Im in process of moving home and have no internet apart from mobile so am unable to look at this untill then. Hopfully wont be long

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
pprezzla

is this plugin dead? I can't find it in plugins

I was sure I seen it there last week which made me take the plunge and switch from plex

snazy2000

It should be there not sure if things have changed since new MBT

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I've just updated to 3.0.5786 on freenas and it's definitely not there. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies. i am working to resolve this for you.

Will Program Launcher ever be made available as a Emby Plug-In for Emby for Windows Media Center.  

I think it's unlikely although if I recall there is one that exists as a plugin for Windows Media Center. It's not built by this community so you'll have to look into it.

You used to be able to use the GameBrowser plug-in to back into that functionality in EMC.  Perhaps @@Redshirt can let us know if that is still possible.

Redshirt

Launching apps can be done with GB, they need to be set up like windows games. I've never done it myself but I think Shaefurr and Swhitmore both used that technique back in the WMC days.

shaefurr

Launching apps can be done with GB, they need to be set up like windows games. I've never done it myself but I think Shaefurr and Swhitmore both used that technique back in the WMC days.

Ya, been forever since I used GB, but it worked using the window game method I believe, or maybe I did it on the older incarnation of GB? I don't remember lol. Honestly don't even have any emulator games anymore since my game drive died. I need to get it set up again sometime.

Anyway I don't see why it wouldn't work, you're just setting up an app exe in place of a game one.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Edited by shaefurr