Program Launcher Support Page

snazy2000

snazy2000

You need to have the sky.jpg at end in the image path it loads the file not the folder :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

gillmacca

Think the file name is .jpeg :)

Change both the filename to end in jpeg, and setting screen to jpeg, but still no joy

Beardyname

So \\NAS-A0-B4-14\media\Program Launcher\Sky Go\skygo.jpg is still failing ? Did you change the extension of the file itself ? not sure if .jpg or .jpeg matters but it "might" be important :)

snazy2000

the file extension needs to be exactly as the file. .jpeg and .jpg are different in terms of file names :)  PM me if cannot fix

gillmacca

I have tried running in from my NAS and from my laptop. Tried filename, with jpg, jpeg, and no extension. Also changed it in settings. Tried spaces, no spaces

snazy2000

as a file name in settings put skygo.jpg.jpeg see if that works, if it does its becuase you setting your file extension twice :P windows by default doesnt let you see known file extensions which includes .jpeg

Koleckai Silvestri

\\wayne-pc\media\apps\netflix\netflix-logo.jpg

d:\media\apps\netflix\netflix-logo.jpg

Both work for me. What do you have in the program path? Some people were saying that if you had an invalid image then it would say the program path has an error. Maybe the two errors are swapped in this case. Program Path has to link to an executable.

Edited by Wayne Luke

gillmacca

\\wayne-pc\media\apps\netflix\netflix-logo.jpg

d:\media\apps\netflix\netflix-logo.jpg

Both work for me. What do you have in the program path? Some people were saying that if you had an invalid image then it would say the program path has an error. Maybe the two errors are swapped in this case. Program Path has to link to an executable.

The exe is C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Koleckai Silvestri

Hmmm. I just tested with a .jpeg extension and it worked as long as the file name was correct.

On the machine with MBT, what happens if you put \\NAS-A0-B4-14\media\Program Launcher\Sky Go\ into Explorer's address bar?

gillmacca

Think I am getting somewhere. I removed the image path, just leaving program name, and program path, and now getting an error saying, please enter a valid program name.

Is this any help?

gillmacca

Hmmm. I just tested with a .jpeg extension and it worked as long as the file name was correct.

On the machine with MBT, what happens if you put \\NAS-A0-B4-14\media\Program Launcher\Sky Go\ into Explorer's address bar?

This is what I get https://www.dropbox.com/s/psu9yzljt5kbdef/Screenshot%202014-01-14%2019.51.40.png

The filename is:skygo.jpg

gillmacca

Fixed. Had the filename end with jpg, but in setting had to put jpg.jpg, not jpg.jpeg.

Thanks for everyone's help with this

snazy2000

as a file name in settings put skygo.jpg.jpeg see if that works, if it does its becuase you setting your file extension twice :P windows by default doesnt let you see known file extensions which includes .jpeg

:)

snazy2000

Could you post screenshot please I don't understand why as everyone else ok :/

When I first tried it I was getting that error too . I realized that you have to choose an image for each launcher you add. The error message just doesn't align with the actual problem I believe.

Edited by Erik

shaefurr

When I first tried it I was getting that error too . I realized that you have to choose an image for each launcher you add. The error message just doesn't align with the actual problem I believe.

Yup, no image = program name error 

• 2 weeks later...
snazy2000

Becuase it's a paid plugin if you go in to the server you can buy in there MBT is bugged and shows supporter when it's a premium plugin

My mistake, I thought I had purchased it already.

EDIT: I just purchased it, in the server it says I'm registered, but it still says expired in MBT.

Edited by pmac