danergo

ANSWERED Watching library for changes

danergo

Hi, guys,

Do you have (or plan, or accept) a feature that can watch a folder for changes?

I mean, I have a download folder, to which my downloads are put.

However I need to do a full library rescan every time I want to watch that particular movie.

Since I have a fairly good connection, the library scan time is almost larger than the current download procedure.

So it would be a very nice to have feature to have this folder watched, and processed, like as the whole scan does it.

But in this case of course there won't be neccessary to scan all the other folders, so it's a win-win situation.

What do guys think?

Thanks,

danergo

Luke

Hi, have you explored server settings? In particular, the library realtime monitor under library -> advanced?

• Like 1

danergo

Thanks Luke,

I found now the real-time setting it was set to auto, and now I changed to "Yes". 

What is the difference between auto and yes?

Luke

Update to the latest version of Emby Server and it's now just a checkbox.

Happy2Play

Hi, guys,

Do you have (or plan, or accept) a feature that can watch a folder for changes?

I mean, I have a download folder, to which my downloads are put.

However I need to do a full library rescan every time I want to watch that particular movie.

Since I have a fairly good connection, the library scan time is almost larger than the current download procedure.

So it would be a very nice to have feature to have this folder watched, and processed, like as the whole scan does it.

But in this case of course there won't be neccessary to scan all the other folders, so it's a win-win situation.

What do guys think?

Thanks,

danergo

I hope this is only completed downloads, I wonder how much information would be corrupted by an incomplete download being processed?  Or real time monitoring trying to continuously process during the download eating up more resources.

Edited by Happy2Play

danergo

@Happy2Play: yes, sure, it's only containing completed files. Incompletes are redirected to a temporary folder to avoid these kinds of problems.

@Luke: thanks, I'll upgrade my system. If I check this box, will Emby check all my library folders for changings?