Emby syncing to remote locations running windows interfaces

hooraah

hooraah

I'm trying to figure out the best way to manage multiple emby 'nodes'.

I run emby server from my house and over time, I've added a few friends and family members that stream from it.  Mostly users that just stream straight from me on laptops and tablets.  It works for the most part.  I've been working on adding cloud sync to take the load off the server when I can.  Even still, some people with slower internet have trouble streaming, and not everything is cloud synced.

I've had some people asking be about setting up their own local boxes on their TVs that pull from my library.  I'd prefer if they could sync as much as possible to their local drives to limit streaming and stuttering if they don't have enough bandwidth.

In the past, I've just given people small PCs with Kodi and used bittorrent sync to send them files but that process hasn't been the most efficient and requires too much time input from me.

Is there a setup that might do what I'm looking for?

If I do WMC/Emby classic, there is no 'sync' feature.  

If I setup their own Emby server on the local machine, they can have their own library and I can do an external data sync, like BTsync or similar, but now there are two installations to manage and I have to manage the folder sync separately.  Also, they get no benefit from my cloud sync this way, and I have to keep track of how full their drive is.

If I tell them to get a fire TV, I don't think you can sync to a local storage on those, can you?

The boxes I have in mind are all Win 7, so I can't do the windows store App, which I understand has sync but I don't have a lot of experience with it.

I've played around with Emby theater awhile ago, but the last time I tried it, there was no sync feature in that.  Is that still the case?

For now, people that have android phones that can sync to their local microSD card and then stream to their TV have the closest to the setup that I am looking for, but I'd like to extend that out to a 10' experience, if that makes sense.