IPTV - M3U Playlist & Recordings

MrGenius1

MrGenius1

First issue - when you upload a m3u playlist is it store in Emby or does Emby reload the file on launch? I want to have a local file (I'm using a local file) that i can change without having to keep reuploading the file to see changes. The reason for this is because I have to remap channels after every upload. Hoping to get around having to do that.

Second issue - I have a working paid m3u playlist and I can't seem to get the recordings to work. I will do a sample record and Emby says it has it but it won't play, just circles and sometimes Emby will create the folder structure with no file inside. 

Third issue - is it possible to have Emby direct stream a m3u8 link without transcoding? Emby is transcoding because it is checking for a bitrate and can't find one.

MrGenius1

Second issue - I have a working paid m3u playlist and I can't seem to get the recordings to work. I will do a sample record and Emby says it has it but it won't play, just circles and sometimes Emby will create the folder structure with no file inside. 

Third issue - is it possible to have Emby direct stream a m3u8 link without transcoding? Emby is transcoding because it is checking for a bitrate and can't find one.

Forgot to attach the log file

Server08162016.txt

well ffmpeg is stalling but i don't really know why. during the process check that file that is created within the transcoding temp folder. that is the input that is fed into ffmpeg. if that input file is empty, then it means the server is having trouble downloading content from the streaming url provided.

MrGenius1

Ok, I watched the folder and there is a file in there during recording and I noticed that the file changes names quite often. I let it finish the recording and it created the folder structure but no file. I have 375 record-transcode logs, not sure if that is normal for a 30 min record?

server-63606974099.txt

record-transcode-8beee97b-677f-45fe-8e47-863b8760e452.txt

• 2 weeks later...
taylorbourne

I was able to resolve this issue by switching IPTV providers.. something about the way my old provider served up the streams was not playing nice with Emby.