Feature Request: Ignore more articles than "the"

horstepipe

horstepipe

Just a small thing:

In collection section the articles are not being ignored in sorting.

Regards

Edit:

Oh sorry I mixed something up.

The problem is that German articles (der, die, das) are not being ignored everywhere.

Could that please be added?

Edited by horstepipe

Happy2Play

I don't understand the issue.  How about an example.

horstepipe

Oh sorry I mixed something up.

The problem is that German articles (der, die, das) are not being ignored everywhere.

Could that please be added?

horstepipe

Sure

The movie

The big Lebowski is sorted alphabetically to "B" because the "the" is being ignored.

Same behavior should happen for the German articles "Der" Die" and "Das"

At the moment "Der Terminator" is sorted to "D"

I thought Emby would respect it but I mistaked it for Kodi because most time I'm using Emby for Kodi.

Regards

Happy2Play

So the <SortRemoveWords> needs translated or you as a user add them to the system.xml.

So the needs translated or you as a user add them to the system.xml.

Yes, this is the answer, however, there's another catch. Because the sort title is saved into the database, affected titles need refreshing after changing this value.

horstepipe

So the <SortRemoveWords> needs translated or you as a user add them to the system.xml.

would be nice if you could add it to the future releases. Adding it manually would mean you have to add it everytime the Emby server gets an update, doesn't it?

Or maybe you could add a GUI option to the server settings where users can add the articles/words they want to be ignored...?

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

could a Mod please change the thread title to

Feature Request: Ignore more articles than "the"

Thanks

Edited by horstepipe

would be nice if you could add it to the future releases. Adding it manually would mean you have to add it everytime the Emby server gets an update, doesn't it?

Or maybe you could add a GUI option to the server settings where users can add the articles/words they want to be ignored...?

No, you won't have to redo it after releases.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Ok nice, then I'll do it this way, thank you

Do I have to refresh the affected movies separately or can I refresh all movies in metadata editor?

Happy2Play

To save time I would use search or alpha picker and find the movies that start with "Das" for example and use the multi-select option to refresh (Left click and hold).  But you can refresh the entire library if you want to.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hello Guys!

Not sure if this is the right topic for my question, but what i found is closed, and din't want to open a new forum topic for this.

I have the same problem with ignore article "the". I'm using a synology as Emby server. Do i need still remove the line: "<string>the</string>" from system.xml to ignore the article? Or there is somewhere an option to switch it? Because i've found the system.xml under /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/config and removed the line, but nothing happened. Of course the server was shut down, and after i saved the system.xml file i rebooted the server.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks any help you can provide!

Edited by Gyari

Hello Guys!

Not sure if this is the right topic for my question, but what i found is closed, and din't want to open a new forum topic for this.

I have the same problem with ignore article "the". I'm using a synology as Emby server. Do i need still remove the line: "the" from system.xml to ignore the article? Or there is somewhere an option to switch it? Because i've found the system.xml under /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/config and removed the line, but nothing happened. Of course the server was shut down, and after i saved the system.xml file i rebooted the server.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks any help you can provide!

hi @@Gyari, what do you want to accomplish?

hi @@Gyari, what do you want to accomplish?

Hi!

Thank for the reply!

I'd like to accomplish If a title start with "The", then the title should be between the titles start with a "T" letter. Like "The Abbys". Now i see it at titles starting with "A", and not between "T".

In kodi for my own database (MyPHP) i can switch this opton for it: "Ignore articles when sorting".

I hope i'm understandable!

Edited by Gyari

Ok yes you'd have to follow the procedure outlined in this topic.

Thanks!

Works like a charm!

For anyone who's looking for this method: after modifying the system.xml file, refresh the metadata for the titles!